Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

OOC RP Planning and Dispute Resolution

Master Moderator
Master Moderator

Post Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:38 pm

IC disputes settled OOC

This is a place where you can go to settle all of your IC issues with someone.

Rules of the thread.

1. Not personal insults
2. Everything here is ooc there is to be no rp here
3. NO FOUL LANGUAGE, Do not attempt to circumvent the word filter, do not star out foul language just don't use it at all.
4. All other site rules apply.

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:01 am

Re: IC disputes settled OOC

This is not a dispute with anyone, just a friendly reminder to keep OOC comments in PM so the RP may be as continuous as possible and Dantooine might eventually reach a gold and platinum rating someday. Thanks.

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:49 pm

Wow ok, everyone needs to the OOC on the IC boards. It looks bad and takes away from the RP. All OOC needs to be here or in PM's please and thank you. I would rather not have our chances at a Gold Medal hurt because some visitors piled up our boards with OOC chatter.

Post Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:01 pm

Post Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:36 pm

The red, underlined asterisk is the link that brings someone here. I've posted the code about the entire planet. If someone sees it, click on it, because it means someone has something they want to say or discuss OOC.

Just copy/paste or memorize the code and the address here, and you can post the asterisk-link, too.

I use it here as an example, but also as a chance to say that even when I have a personal narrative happening, that does not mean no one else is invited to interfere. I am not trying to dominate even the life of my own character. I welcome interruptions, dialogue, meeting new or old faces, or nearly anything else. The main reasons I have any personal narratives are for character development as well as to let others SEE that character development so they can witness his ongoing conversion, constant transformation.

I want many others to feel the freedom to write as I feel I have, even to get involved with my character when I seem to not want the company. I DO. I'm not narrating to keep to myself. I'm going to narrate less, but still do it some, and I wanted this put out there.

Thank you.

Post Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:10 pm

I hope everyone brings their OOC comments here unless they need to be in private, but those darn inboxes fill up so quick. Just remember this thread is here.

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:36 am

To all us Jedi, it's green ;)

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:57 am

I have a bloodthirsty Taung character: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4272, who is basically playing the part of the Predator on a space station. His "board view" is the green. Jos'hu's is red just 'cause I like it. lol

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:18 am

OOC: For Draay and Emwyn: I hope it's ok if I GM you guys back to the hangar bay, haha. I figured you wouldn't be sticking around Starfall's office once he left anyway. If, though, you were going to stick around and chat amongst yourselves after he'd left, then just ignore my post insofar as the parts where I mention all three of our characters leaving.*

Affiliation:

Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:28 am

OOC: Hey guys, I just had this notion. I have noticed that we have a lot of great NPCs that have become part of our story line, both here on Dantooine and offworld as well. I, myself, am guilty of creating more than a few, and I trounce on their purported non-playability as I constantly use them and assume their identities from across the cosmos.

In the spirit of good collaboration and effective, seamless story production, I thought it might be wise to compile some sort of list of the NPCs that we all use and, like a two or three line bio of each one. This way, the NPCs can take a more solid, permanent place in the Order, the RR, and what our daily lives on D'ween. So, I'll give you mine, as well as list a few characters that have been created but might not yet have names. The one's without names are open to the democratic process of name recommendation and voting thereupon. So, without further ado...

Major Nova Stihl
I completely stole his name from the Death Star novel, along with Graneet's. Stihl started out as a Marine Sergeant in the Imperial Marine Corps. He is now one of the two team commanders of R-SOCOM (Republic Special Operations Command).

Major Tenn Graneet
He is Stihl's comrade and he heads up the other team of R-SOCOM.

Capt. Thrace Farrell
Ganked this name from the list of computer generated names that come up on Battlefront all the time. Farrell is the Naval Commander of Battle Group I, my character's personal fleet which is currently deployed on defensive operations in the Glee Anselm sector.

OOC: That's it for the ones that I use regularly that I invented. I omit my silly astro droid as we all have one and they are a dime a dozen, though truly each with a unique personality.

3CDC
Tyler came up with this protocol droid who operates inside the Archives. I like its style; overly helpful and eager to please. Players will want to avoid "hurting the droid's feelings" as it can tend to be annoying sometimes, but it means well.

Head Librarian
This is one that Tyler has RPed with I noticed. Though he initiated it, I believe every Archives needs one of these. We need a name for him/her. Obviously the HL is a Jedi Master. Any suggestions?

OOC: I know I am forgetting someone. I also ended up refraining from giving you entire paragraphs of backstory for my three main NPCs which I could definitely do later if anyone happens to be curious. Also, when/if you guys respond, be sure to include any of your NPCs that you have come up with: fleet commanders, comrades, pilots, etc. My desire is to have a ready list that we can give to newcomers so they can make their RP a little more integrated with what we have established. Thanks, guys!

Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:59 am

I have mentioned a few NPCs, all of them Dantari:

1) Norr: Jos'hu's older brother, older than Jos'hu by about 10 years, by now a seasoned hunter. Looks down on Jos'hu for failing his coming of age test of manhood, even though Jos'hu has successfully fallen back from the darkness into the light and returned to Dantooine a full-fledged shaman.

2) Illi: Norr's best friend and fellow-hunter. While Norr is one of the lead hunters in the Dantari Proper, Illi is also a leader but sometimes acts as Norr's right-hand man.

3) Uladi #1: An ancient shaman who was there when Jos'hu was a boy. Has died by now. He is the one Rohien, who first discovered Jos'hu, met with to ask permission to train the boy in the ways of the Force, the Great/Beautiful Mystery, as the Dantari call It. Jos'hu, by the way, is leaning towards a very Hindu way of understanding the Force: It is undifferentiated reality, or It is the objective Ultimate Reality's subjective outreach to every soul, every being, every thing. We can do things with it, but better is it to let it lead us to a true vision of Reality and so grow into better people. Even inanimate and non-sentient beings have this atman, this soul, that is, in truth, Reality Itself, but because of subjectivity, finite perceptions of the Infinite do not do Truth any justice. It takes the current of the Force to lead us into this (which borrows from Hinduism, but the mainstream Hindu belief has nothing about a "Force" other than to say that the Force, Energy, Consciousness, is what makes up the entire physical universe, the very reality, the very soul, of each thing, and that each soul IS the Force. I'm differentiating a little between Reality and the Force right now, but I don't always. That's Jos'hu's concept. Just letting it be known.

4) Uladi #2: A shaman of the Kunga, one of the Dantari tribes. He is the one Holt visited about Jos'hu, he is the one who called Jos'hu here earlier when he visited merely as an out-of-body experience, which he is starting to remember upon re-meeting Schad's main character, Rael.

5) Jos'hu's unnamed father has been mentioned.

6) Many unnamed Dantari have been mentioned, and more are still to come.

Also, I have taken some artistic license. First of all, in canon, it is not known if the Dantari even survived the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. By even playing Jos'hu, let alone mentioning the tribes as still living, I'm claiming a significant remnant has survived.

Secondly, I've split the Dantari four ways, not the canonical three: I have the Janta, Kunga, and Mokk, which are the canonical make-up of the Dantari as a whole. But I have added a fourth: the pure strain of Dantari who have not mixed with any outside tribes and hold themselves in higher esteem than the three "lesser" tributaries of the Tribe mentioned above.

Jos'hu is from the Dantari proper, but along with old Uladi, the Kunga, and several others, he pushes for a sort of reform or is more accepting of all the Dantari, not just those who only go by that name and are the most "pure-blooded".

I have a female vornskr "pet" (with her poison tail), Eudaimonia ("good demon"), who is still aboard the ship (the Phoenix Imperium got this for Jos'hu) and 120 Krath War Droids, which were gifts from the Order of the Krath when Jos'hu was a part of them. I also NPC wild animals when Jos'hu or other Dantari are hunting or being hunted. Also, regarding the Crystal Cave kinrath, they know Jos'hu who once saved one of their queens/matriarchs, who, like Holt and Rael, know him from his previous incarnation. Rael and Holt also know Jos'hu from his childhood this time around.

Yes, I have had Jos'hu die, but it was done NPC. I invented a story (so I could continue playing) that Jos'hu lives cyclically; he is born to the Dantari, lives a full-life unless cut short, and dies. Then he is reborn to the Dantari. He has never known of this before (that's going to change this time around, Mr. Holt). Every time he is reborn, it is one year later than the day he died, which means that it is however many years later than he was born in his directly previous life. It's reincarnation, not resurrection, except not typical reincarnation since he is basically the same guy with nearly the same destiny each time. There are minor changes, like this time he's more of a healer than warrior.

Anyway, I know I've gone beyond NPC knowledge here and included other stuff about my PC, but I wanted to do a little explaining. Good topic, Jesse!

Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:15 am

[quote="Lapay no Ryu":htujfc7h]Hello friends, apologies for the repeat message :X

Anyways, in the interest of full disclosure and introductions to all, I'm Lapay no Ryu, playing exclusively as a non-principal character on Dantooine.

This NPC I plan to develop, with your help, having a lot of fun along the way, hopefully, and turn into one of my generals.

Anyways, I'm playing as [color=#FF0000:htujfc7h]Liyek[/color:htujfc7h], a Spiner. His history's by and large unknown to me, hence why I'm playing to flesh him out more. Anyways, I still don't have a good grasp of his character so I'm rolling with it for now, but he's a good guy at heart with a playful nature, despite being somewhat aged.

If you've got any story ideas for me, let me know :)
Otherwise, I'm pretty much just going to wing it on Dantooine, but I'll do my best for you guys.[/quote:htujfc7h]

[color=#00BF00:htujfc7h][list:htujfc7h]I hope we are a good forum for your character to develop, Ryu (r'EYE-oo). I'm glad you've joined us, even as you let me join you on Ison.[/list:u:htujfc7h][/color:htujfc7h]

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:43 am

Jos'hu is leaving Dantooine for now. See y'all soon, I hope.

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:24 pm

*falls asleep waiting for some RP*

Galactic Battle Arena Judge

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/ORANGE.png[/img]

Post Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:26 am

If you're bored, Tyler, you could head to the Rakatan Ruins.
Speaking of which.

I'm looking for someone to maybe accompany my non-principal character on a bit of a "trek" or "voyage" around Dantooine for starters, but then to other planets that were once in the Rakatan Empire...

Specifically speaking, I'm currently writing the origins of the space station, Ison II, and Liyek is discovering these records.

I'd like to stay on Dantooine for a while before I really get going on this, so that I can do some more developments and get to know you guys better (it's been great so far, though!), but if anyone's interested, I think it could be pretty fun, and give us a chance to see what other planets are up to.

If anyone's got ideas, write back here or PM, I'm all ears.

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:12 pm

hey guys...
I just dropped by because I need some kath hounds for clakdor...
or at least I'm trying to steal some IC but want you guys to know what I'm doin ooc.
that cool?
I'll just have my dudes chillin in orbit till you respond.

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/ORANGE.png[/img]

Post Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:01 pm

Fine with me, but I don't run the place, LOL.
Perhaps PM Yazh'hu, as he seems to be one of the more active permanent members.

If you don't hear anything back for a while though...I would say go ahead and RP it, the folks on Dantooine mean very well in terms of cooperative RP, so I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem.

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:31 pm

OOC: Emwyn (I think I spelled that right...) the reason why I said all the Jedi Masters have left is because the only two PC players here that are Masters are probably deleting their characters. I think Jess Holt may have already since he's been offline for quite some time now. Real Starfall may be here a little longer since he's posted, but that was the first time for a very long time.

Now I would love to stay and breathe life into Dantooine, but my character is only eighteen and an apprentice. Perhaps I'll come back one of these days and bring the academy back to activeness or maybe Starfall will stay. But for now me and your Master, I know him better as Steffo, have a plan set up that I will perhaps become his apprentice after you.

So for the sake of staying IC I said that the Masters had left the planet.*

Post Fri May 01, 2009 8:40 am

I'm of the opinion that, since my character, a Dantari, is away seeking training in the light side of the Force, and Rael and Holt are exiting the game, that as much as possible should be done to get one of the stronger of the Jedi factions to come to inhabit Dantooine. Already dark siders are trickling in. I have tried working on this on my own, but could really use help. What say you?

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Fri May 01, 2009 8:50 am

corellian jedi could prolly help. just so you kids know while my guys might be classified as dark side the guys are are still mostly foot soldiers
Next

Return to Dantooine