Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Infraction Report: Archangel the Despot

Guild Councilor
Guild Councilor

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/PURPLE.png[/img]

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:22 am

Infraction Report: Archangel the Despot

Although this is originally a Galactic Economic Council problem, it has turned into a RolePlay concern as what this Player has been doing is considered Illegal to both of our councils. This situation started when I decided to do a little Out of Character Spying on one of our 'friends' we made at the battle of Duro.

[quote="Archangel the despot":3ezmjt1y]The last of the 4 Nebula's was complete and Archangel's fleet was now only missing the HBD's.[/quote:3ezmjt1y]

When I saw this post, being the very last at the time. I decided to do some back tracking and seeing if the Republica Engineering Corporation (When it was still under Ada Lane's control before being absorbed into the Galactic Coalition before he apparently left the site.) had made any deals with the Sith Consortium to let them produce one of their major products. However in the archive files on Mon Calamari I found nothing. So taking the next step in my investigation I sent a a simple Private Message to Archangel:

[quote="Arcanus Sunstrider":3ezmjt1y][url=http://www.jedivsith.com/viewtopic.php?p=1527477#p1527477:3ezmjt1y]Subject: Open Orbit[/url:3ezmjt1y]

[quote="Archangel the despot":3ezmjt1y]While doing research on old star destroyer models, a sith Consortium designer stumbled across the nebula -class star destroyer. He saw the advantage to these small power houses immediately and put in a requisition order for the materials to build some of these small ships capable of defeating a super star destroyer in head to head combat.

The design specs the engineers would use was this.

Length: [color=#00BF00:3ezmjt1y]1,040 meters[/color:3ezmjt1y] - [color=#BF0000:3ezmjt1y]Moderate class ship[/color:3ezmjt1y]
Hyper drive rating: [color=#00BF00:3ezmjt1y]1.0 - Backup rating: 10[/color:3ezmjt1y]
Power output: [color=#00BF00:3ezmjt1y]Peak: >9,28 ├âÔÇö 1024 W(over 20% more power than the ISD-I)[/color:3ezmjt1y]
Navigation system: [color=#00BF00:3ezmjt1y]SC upgraded navi comp[/color:3ezmjt1y]
Targeting system: [color=#00BF00:3ezmjt1y]SC advanced tragetting computer.[/color:3ezmjt1y]
Armourment: [color=#00BF00:3ezmjt1y]Heavy dual turbolasers (40: 10 fore, 10 aft, 10 port, 10 starboard)
Turbolasers (40: 10 fore, 10 aft, 10 port, 10 starboard)
Ion cannons (20: 5 fore, 5 aft, 5 port, 5 starboard)
Assault concussion missile tubes (8, turreted)
[30 missiles each]
Tractor beam projectors (8: 3 fore, 2 port, 2 starboard, 1 aft)[/color:3ezmjt1y]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nebula-c ... _Destroyer[/quote:3ezmjt1y]

Do you have the rights to the Nebula and any of the REC's products?[/quote:3ezmjt1y]

It took a while to get a response since my PM had gotten to him just after he had signed off, however after waiting for just a bit I got this 'lovely' message in my Inbox.

[quote="Archangel the despot":3ezmjt1y]I assume you work for the company so your question is actually a waste of both our time, and I would appreciate it that if you had a point you would make it instead of being such a bore as to ask redundant questions.

Your a "Galactic RolePlay Councilor" so you should in fact know better than to do things like this, and to bring a problem to a players attention instead of wasting their time.

[color=#BF0000:3ezmjt1y]Since you asked me such a silly question I will answer it;[/color:3ezmjt1y]

I do not own the rights to the canon version of this ship, but I am not building the canon version. Yet I am also NOT making any heavy modifications so it does not in fact have to pass through the patent office.

As my post quite clearly implies, the design was found in the sith consortium data base, and since you are obviously a fan of my RP's you will know how my data base is compiled and how it works. The tactical breakdown of the ship and it's capabilities are available to my designers and tech crews.

[color=#BF0000:3ezmjt1y]In conclusion[/color:3ezmjt1y]

Since you obviously feel upset enough to waste my time and yours with ridiculous and redundant questions, I shall change the name of the ship I am building and merely use the nebula as the base design and link for those RP'ers who feel such things are necessary.

In essence I will be building a Nebula class ship with the modifications stated and call it something else to help prevent your further discomfort.

[color=#00BF00:3ezmjt1y]If you feel this is unsatisfactory you may continue the building of my ships at the REC ship yards (which do not seem to be clearly labeled as REC shipyards anywhere in the universe) and I will expect delivery later today.[/color:3ezmjt1y]

Thank you for wasting my time by making me search this site for your supposed group and it's elusive shipyards (which really should be labeled REC if you expect people to find them).

I hope this pm does not waste any more of your time than is absolutely necessary, and I hope to either keep the ships i have built or see the ones you will supply me with by the end of the day.

Thank you[/quote:3ezmjt1y]

My response:

[quote="Arcanus Sunstrider":3ezmjt1y]I was merely curious in asking if you had the rights to produce the Nebula or any products licensed to a canon company, clearly not in your control. However since you've given me the answer I have sought, the ships you have produced are not only illegal, the information to produce them is lacking and have been acquired through illicit RP. Thus they do not exist and will not until the proper methods of obtaining Ship rights are undertaken.

These questions my seem redundant to you, however I've taken the first step in identifying if you had past ties that had let you produce the Nebula. Saying that it's in your database is not sufficient RP proof for saying that you can, or for a fact that you could produce them. Producing a modified version that seems like it deviates from the original product allowing you to produce it, is also not allowed here on JvS. No matter the modifications your still producing the same ship, which you have said that you have no rights to build.

Now as to your Sith Consortium staff having the tactical breakdown of the Nebula along with it's Capabilities, I find not only disturbing, but also a Sithspit claim. The very least, if you were trying to produce and build something like the Nebula, the only thing you'd be able to copy and implement would be it's Iconic wedge shape. If we are talking about how it moves and how it fights, then that claim is more realistic and reasonable.

As for you wasting your time, that was not of my own doing. That was you overreacting to my simple and "redundant" question. The Republic Engineering Corporation has no known canon Shipyards however since I own the Canon location and own a canon shipyard not far away from that said planet, I merely produce the Nebula and other REC products there. And if you think I'm going to supply you the Nebula because you failed to follow through with the rules, Your sadly mistaken.[/quote:3ezmjt1y]

However after this message, I did not get a response for a week despite the amount of times he has logged on and off posting upon the Korriban Boards. But today that all ended when I saw a 'lovely' post in orbit.

[quote="Archangel the despot":3ezmjt1y]Archangel's fleet patrolled the skies over Korriban, they did not hold a geostationary orbit in case of probes. The fleet moved constantly and kept it's weapons powered, they scanned the UHF signals from all consortium allied planets as was standard proceedure.

4 ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ Nebula ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£Class Star Destroyers - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nebula-c ... _Destroyer

├óÔé¼╦£Adventure├óÔé¼Ôäó
├óÔé¼╦£Creed├óÔé¼Ôäó
├óÔé¼╦£Dominion├óÔé¼Ôäó
├óÔé¼╦£Force hound├óÔé¼Ôäó

Length: 1,040 meters - Moderate class ship
Hyper drive rating: 1.0 - Backup rating: 10
Power output: Peak: >9,28 ├âÔÇö 1024 W(over 20% more power than the ISD-I)
Navigation system: SC upgraded navi comp
Targeting system: SC advanced tragetting computer.
Armourment: Heavy dual turbolasers (40: 10 fore, 10 aft, 10 port, 10 starboard)
Turbolasers (40: 10 fore, 10 aft, 10 port, 10 starboard)
Ion cannons (20: 5 fore, 5 aft, 5 port, 5 starboard)
Assault concussion missile tubes (8, turreted)
[30 missiles each]
Tractor beam projectors (8: 3 fore, 2 port, 2 starboard, 1 aft)

2 ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ Bakura ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ Class destroyers - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bakura-class_destroyer

Length : 850 meters ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ Medium class ship
Engine unit(s): SFS I-a2b Solar Ionization Reactor
Hyperdrive rating: Class 2.0 - Backup Class 8.0
Armament: Turbolaser batteries (60: 20 fore, 20 port, 20 starboard)
Ion cannons (60: 20 fore, 15 port, 15 starboard, 10 aft)
Tractor beam projectors (10: 6 fore, 2 port, 2 starboard)

2 ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ Acclamator II ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ Class assault ship - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Acclamat ... sault_ship

Length: 752 meters ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ Medium class ship
Hyperdrive rating: Class 0.75
Navigation system: Advanced navicomputer
Armament: Quad turbolaser cannons (12: 3 fore, 3 port, 3 starboard, 3 aft)
Point-defense laser cannons (24: 6 fore, 6 port, 6 starboard, 6 aft)
Turbolaser batteries (4: fore)
Heavy proton torpedo launchers (2: fore)
60 torpedos

9 ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ Sentinel ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£Class Landing craft - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel ... ding_craft

Length: 38 meters ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ support class ship
Engine unit(s): Cygnus HD7 engine array#
Hyperdrive rating: Class 1.0 - Backup Class 10
Shielding: 2 forward and 2 aft shield generators
Navigation system: Navigation computer equipped
Armament : Retractable laser cannons (8: 4 Fore, 2 port, 2 starboard)
Concussion missile launchers (2: fore)
4 missiles each (standard load)
Retractable ion cannon turret (1: fore)
Retractable repeating blaster cannon turrets (2:1 port, 1 starboard. Mid ship)

Archangel had decided that he had waited long enough for the Hapan consortium to answer his call for ships, so he had his engineers once more access the consortium database and start to build the ships themselves. The engineers reckoned it would take about 2 days to make the ships.

[ooc:3ezmjt1y]For those who have forgotten since 1.0, the Sith consortium database of ships is made up of tactical blueprints of every ship they have come into contact with or owned. Both Hapan battle Dragons and Nebula class star destroyers have been used by the sith consortium and so have been studied extensively. I posted this due to the fact one person forgot this important piece of info and tried to waste my time with a redundant question about copyright laws on a fictional game, when I have all the info needed to build most ships on this game thanks to the way i RP and the level of detail I put into my plans.

The Hapan consortium has had an order for a while now and they have not even looked at it, as for the Nebula's an alternative was given to the representative of the REC to take over the order and deliver the ships to me, they did not do this but they had that option and refused to take it, so my original RP building of Nebula's is still valid using the SC database of ships.[/ooc:3ezmjt1y][/quote:3ezmjt1y]

Archangel has been informed and as per IR specifications has a chance to state his case before this is sent off to the Councilors hidden thread for discussion. Due to me being a Councilor, I'll ask that my permissions to see said thread be taken away for the duration of this dispute.

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:46 am

Re: Infraction Report: Archangel the Despot

Since Arcanus said he PMed Archangel about the IR, we'll just wait for him to post his side of things. Both players will be presented with a chance to argue their position, after which the topic will be locked while deliberations occur. Just a reminder, if you are not directly involved, a GRPC Councilor, HC, or Whill then please refrain from posting for the duration of this IR.

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:03 am

[quote="Dragus":l7mje6ak]Just a reminder, if you are not directly involved, a GRPC Councilor, HC, or Whill then please refrain from posting for the duration of this IR.[/quote:l7mje6ak]

[color=#FF0000:l7mje6ak]Dragus is too nice to say it, but i will remind you. Anyone reading this message that is not involved [b:l7mje6ak](ie other than Arcanus, Archangel, GRPC, HC, Whills)[/b:l7mje6ak], and posts anyway will LOSE their ability to do so.

You have been warned. Just don't post.[/color:l7mje6ak]

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:50 pm

I explained the situation in my pm and saw no need for further contact, so didn't bother reading the second message from Arcanus since he wasted my time with the first message and I couldn't be bothered to waste more time on something I had given a solution to.

He never delivered my ships as suggested to make it a legit REC trade, so I used the RP I have been using since I started this game on 1.0.

The ships I have made are IC illegal in the sense that I did not buy them from the manufacturers and I used the plans from previously reverse engineered ships held in the data base of ships I have been building legitimately since 1.0... If you have access to 1.0 boards check Garqi and Tatooine where I had a PC character make and reverse engineer any ship I bought legally so we could have a tactical breakdown of that vessel type in the data base. This of course meant I could build them if the need arose.

I did give the REC a chance to respond and TAKE OVER the build RP at which point a simple delivery and "pay us here" post would have fixed all the problems, this was not done and no IC exchange was ever attempted.

The Zann Consortium did similar things in canon story arcs, the only difference is I originally bought the ships through the correct channels and then reverse engineered them to get the designs. I have not done anything out of canonicity or out of character when building these ships, this should be a piracy report instead of an infraction report! however no one from the REC has even been seen on Korriban to file such a complaint and I haven't moved since the post was made.

No where on this site does it say that being smart and reverse engineering a ship is illegal, I gave the "owners" of the designs an opportunity to mend their hurt feelings and they did not take it. I have broken no rule of the game, and I have kept true to my character...

I am still willing to accept a member of the REC coming to Korriban and filing a piracy charge against me, and trying to sue me for copyright infringement. But the ships stay!

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:12 pm

I'd also like to add this even though it probably wont matter.

I'm not making the ships to sell, they are mine to use, for me, solo user, no profit made, not for sale, Archangel's only.

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:16 pm

As is the GRPC procedure: I am locking this thread since both sides have posted their stance.

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:57 pm

GRPC Decision

Archangel,

In order to produce items belonging to a player owned company, you must first have the OOC consent of that owner to do so. In this case the owner of the REC is Arcanus Sunstrider. It has been made clear on both sides of this case that no OOC consent was given, so you may not produce the ships belonging to the REC.

While reverse engineering is a plausible IC action, it does not change the fact that you still require permission OOC from the owner. This applies to all player owned companies.

Verdict:

- All ships produced without the company owners consent are to be voided.
- No ships, including fighter craft, may be produced without the OOC consent of the owner.

Return to Archived Topics