Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

The Mysterious Man's Office

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/RED.png[/img]

Post Thu May 17, 2012 2:41 am

The Mysterious Man's Office

*Accessible only through the communications hub, and by the Mysterious Man himself (or one of his TC-SC droids). The office is equipped with several interfaces that allow the Mysterious Man to monitor anything in the station and wherever devices linked to the communications hub are located. It also has holographic technologies placed within and can give the illusion of being anywhere in the known, and in some cases unknown, galaxy, however its more practical use is communications, here he can see a full body image of any of his field agents when they attempt to contact the facility for any reason. He has also developed the technology to allow them to see anything he wishes them to see inside as though they were actually there.

Few have actually entered the office however, since they can only gain access if they are let in by the Mysterious Man himself from within the room, most of his communication is done via TC-SC droids and holographic images.*

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:18 am

Re: The Mysterious Man's Office

Affiliation:

Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:20 pm

*In dark room with reflective black marble floors stands the Mysterious Man looking over a wide variety of filled with information, photographs, and videos. This room has a view of what appears to be a galaxy map on the far wall behind the screens where various star systems sparkle as information from across the galaxy pours in waiting to be read and filed away. The scene is quite beautiful. Behind the Mysterious Man rests his chair, facing the back of the room as though he is waiting for something or someone as he looks over the ever changing screens.**Holding his cigarette up to his lips he inhales deeply before he brings the same hand up to rub his forehead, and with a sigh he walks around to his chair and sits before crossing his legs, and then he waits.**His eyes glow in the darkness as he waits for his visitor, his is slightly distressed by some news that he has recently come across and thus the reason for this emergency meeting.

Before him the a holographic image that would be as real looking as a person standing in front of him if not for the distinct blueish hue, his guest, Isabelle Eoura. An operative of eight months and a talented thief, she was hand selected by the Mysterious Man to join the Organization and now once again hand selected to head a project of great importance not only to the Organization but the entire galaxy.*
*He brings his cigarette to his lips and inhales before relaxing in his chair, resting his arms on the chair's.* Good evening Miss Eoura. *He greeted her before pausing for a very slight moment* I'm glad to see that you've made it to the station. I trust you're finding the accommodations suitable?

Affiliation:

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:24 am

It's hard to imagine that only eight months after they found my on Nar Shaddaa that these guys are giving me some big important mission, ship me halfway across the galaxy, and then when I get here there isn't anyone that can tell me whats going on. I was told how important this mission was but I would at least like to know what it's about. I'm assuming that something of "galactic interest" needs stolen of course, probably some politician got his hands on a piece of information that's a "grave importance" and they need someone to retrieve it before said politician does something incredibly stupid with it. And of course they would call me for that sort of job.

Though come to think of it that wouldn't explain why they sent me to this place, why no one knows what's going on, and why I need to contact the boss as soon as I can. That and the fact that everyone is treating my like royalty is strange since they know who I am, which is annoying, I typically have to con my way to such treatment. Though I shouldn't complain, the Organization has helped me tremendously since they rescued me on Nar Shaddaa. And look at that, it's about that time, I should probably call the boss.

I'm not entirely sure how to work this thing, it looks like some experimental tech, but it's definitely something I've never seen before, though I've heard of it from other operatives. What did they say to do?...Oh that's right, just step in the circle and the machine does the work. Alright here we go.

Whoa. Now that is impressive, it's almost like I'm actually here. The room is nice, I've never seen inside the bosses office, though I heard it was very empty. It also seems pretty lonely to me. I wonder how he stands it, I like being alone a lot but not all the time. And what does he do for...nevermind, I reeeeally don't want to think about it. Well I guess the meeting is underway, nice greeting, and I'm on.

"The accommodations are fine, thank you. I'm more curious about what this assignment is and why I'm here? I don't really understand why bring me all the way out here and then tell me what's going on. And for that matter where is here?"

Affiliation:

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:15 am

Affiliation:

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:07 am

Oi, this is a lot to take in all at once. The Sith Empire returning? That can't be right. Do Sith even work together? But would this much be put into the assignment if it wasn't a real threat? I mean it had to be a very reliable source to repurpose an entire space station to a new project, but why didn't anyone know about it when I got here? Am I supposed to tell them that their work has changed drastically overnight?

And how can he honestly say that I have a choice in this? How am I supposed to turn something like this down? I can't. I mean really, it's not like it's a run-of-the-mill assignment, this is huge. Maybe too huge. What happens if I fail? What if I pick the wrong person to lead? What if I pick the wrong people to follow? What if no one will join me in the first place? What happens then?

Alright Isabelle, just think for a minute. If you take this and it goes badly then you're going to take the fall for it if you survive. But then again if I don't take it and no one else does then I would feel at least partially responsible for what happens if there is some sort of incident. Either way I could be responsible for the outcome. Think. Think. Think...I have to do it. If I don't then I think I'll regret it and at least I'll have a clear conscience if I at try to do this. And this is a good opportunity for me, though I'm not entirely sure why he chose me to do it.

"Alright, I accept. I just have one question-"

Affiliation:

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:14 am

*He could tell that she was thinking about it long and hard, and it was something he expected. He had thrown a lot of overwhelming information at her in a very short time, but the unfortunate reality of the situation was that time was not a luxury they had and thus he was forced to place a heavy burden on someone's shoulders. And he had already anticipated the next question.* Why you? *He pulls out a cigarette and lights it**It was a question that he had already been prepared to answer if she asked.*

Affiliation:

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:21 am

*She nodded hesitantly*

"Yes."

I mean he has to have a good reason right? He could have picked anyone to do this but he chose me, and I haven't been here nearly as long as some of the other operatives around here.

"I mean, I'm just a thief, granted a very good thief, but still just a thief. There had to be other people to chose from."

Affiliation:

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:51 am

*Bringing his cigarette up to his lips once more the Mysterious Man inhales deeply before flicking his ashes away once again, as she spoke he nodded* When I found you on Nar Shaddaa you were at the lowest point you've been in your career according to our records. You'd been shot and you were unconscious after a young smuggler captain ensnared you in his web of deceit in order to corner you and earn his long awaited revenge. And even then, you weren't just a thief. When you were a child on Onderon, stealing honing your skills to the point where you could eventually make a name for yourself, you weren't just a thief. And when you completed the Valkar job you weren't just a thief. Give yourself more credit Miss Eoura, if you were were just a thief then you would have never been here in the first place. We don't want just anything, we want the best and you're the best. *He takes another drag from his cigarette*

You ask why I chose you and that's why, because you're the best. It's true there were other candidates, but I chose you, just like you'll choose who will lead the mission. I chose you because I know you can make the hard decisions when they need to be made, I know when you start a job that you see it to the end, and I know that I can rely on you to convince whomever you choose to join the project. I also know that with you on board you will do what it takes to keep them on the right track. And I know that when you have loyalties that you stay true to those loyalties. *He crosses his legs once more* When you came here you didn't trust anyone, you were difficult to work with and unpredictable, but through all of that you remained loyal to Mr. Starbender. You made sure that he succeeded. And I knew then that you had true potential and now I'm giving you the opportunity to showcase that potential. You have an ability to read people, you know what they want and you give it to them, which is why I know you will find and recruit the right person for the job. I chose you because I want this mission to succeed, I need, we all need this mission to succeed and I feel that you improve our chances to succeed.

Affiliation:

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:43 am

Flattery? He's good. And he's right I am the best, and that's something I worked hard for. I wonder who the other candidates were for this job. Ha, even among the best of the best I'm still the best. Besides, if I hadn't taken the job I would risk having someone in there that wouldn't do it right. And if all I really need to do is convince a one person to lead this mission then I'd say my work is going to be pretty easy. Well, probably not actually, nothing in this business comes easy. I guess the only other thing that I'm really wondering about is what Drake will do.

"And Drake?"

Why some seventeen year old kid is so important to me I don't think I'll ever understand, but he saved my life, he's stuck by me longer than anyone I can remember, and above all else he needs me so I can't just leave him alone. He doesn't get me without Drake, but I'll let him decide on his own.

Affiliation:

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:39 pm

*The end of his cigarette burns brightly as he inhales once again, he then flicks the ashes into the tray* Mr. Starbender will be joining you as promised once he finishes a task I have given him. Our deal has not been forgotten and I'm a man of my word Miss Eoura. So long as you feel it is necessary for him to be with you he will be. *A small screen popped up before him, alerting him that he was needed elsewhere* Unfortunately this is where I must leave you to your work, but one more thing before you go. We are on limited time, manage it wisely.

*With that he disconnected the call and Isabelle disappeared**He stood and walked to his screens once more looking over the candidates selected before rubbing his head with the fingers of the hand holding his cigarette* Good luck Miss Eoura. *With that he patched through the next call and continued about his work*

Affiliation:

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:12 pm

*The sleek room appears to Neassa as though it is a very large but barren and dark room. The mirrored floors perfectly reflect the in front of the Mysterious Man's chair and the large star beyond that. And standing in front of the monitors is the Mysterious Man, pouring over the screens**As Neassa's image arrives the the Mysterious Man lifts his cigarette to in his lips and inhales, then exhales as he begins to speak* It's good to finally meet you. *He turns and walks toward her and his chair swivels around as well, he sits in the chair facing her hologram and looks at her with his glowing eyes* Do you prefer Neassa or Miss Or'diini? Or would you prefer I call you something else entirely?

*He awaits a response from her, purposefully leaving out his own introduction.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:10 am

*The first things to capture her attention are the numerous monitors the only occupant of the room, a masculine figure with his back to her as he appears to watch the multiple screens, is standing in front of; Neassa recognizes a few holonet news feeds, some old, some new and other feeds that look like security cam feeds of some kind. When the figure turns from the screens after taking a drag from a cigarette, Neassa's first impression of the human or near human is that he is so ordinary looking that you wouldn't notice him in a crowd, you'd look right past him, but then she sees his eyes, arresting and glowing, and wonders if he would stick out after all.*

*Neassa considers how to answer the figure's question, noting that the man she assumes is her employer has not introduced himself, and, after considering that Isabelle had introduced herself by a name other than her own and remembering her own comment about leading the flock she has been hired to lead, says evenly, her voice having a somewhat synthetic quality due you her buy'ce's speaker,* :: Call me Shephard. ::

*Resisting her usual tendency to be glib, Neassa says no more, having found that letting people lead such conversations as the one she assumes they are about to have, one where an agenda is laid out and the roles within it are spelled out, often enables her to gain a better sense of who she is dealing with.*

Affiliation:

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:24 pm

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:16 pm

*Neassa, aside from a nod to confirm that Operator had not explained the precise nature of what the purpose of the team she has been hired to lead, remains silent and still as M then goes on to explain that purpose, her posture indicative of her rapt, intent attention to all that is said.*

*While she does not agree with M's assertion that the universe has come to believe the dar'jetii are gone, Neassa both understands and agrees with his conclusion that the universe has become complacent where the threat the dar'jetii poses is concerned. Operator had not, Neassa thinks as she makes the only other movement other than her nod by standing straighter and stepping closer to the screen when M turns it towards her to display the intel the Organization has on the dar'jetii, overstated the importance of what the group she has become a part of has tasked itself with doing; any one with even a rudimentary knowledge of history able to grasp the danger the dar'jetii have always presented and, when they gather together towards a common cause, the potential for mass death and destruction they infallibly represent. The intrigue that Neassa had felt when approached is, as she absorbs what has been said and revealed to her and considers what is being asked of her, replaced by a steely sense of resolve. Her first loyalty has and will always be to the Mando'ade, and so that the undertaking she is accepting will benefit others, innocents, only adds to her determination.*

*Lifting her eyes, hidden beneath her buy'ce, from the screen to M after committing the information to memory, Neassa does not waste his time with speeches about her sense of purpose or questions, such as who the members of the team she will be leading are or when she will meet them, to which she assumes will be answered in the course of her mission, and instead, understanding that her first assignment is a solo one, says just as simply and as evenly as before,* :: Understood. *There are some questions she will need answers for, if those answers are available, and so, taking a step back to resume her original position, Neassa asks,* Can I assume there's been no further contact from the Imperial Knight or Praetorite agents? Do we know where on Korriban they were sent to infiltrate the dar'jetii? ::

Affiliation:

Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:53 pm

You can, *He takes another drag from his cigarette then presses a button on his chair and the screen goes away* which concerns me. *Flicking his ashes he continues on* Investigate the old Sith Academy and the Valley of the Dark Lords, you may also be able to find some information in Dreshdae. The agents could be in any of those locations, or they may have found the Sith's former base of operations, ask around for clues to where it might be located, if you find them then bring them back alive if possible, but the mission is your top priority. *He said implying that if it were not possible then she must do what needed to be done in order to ensure the safety of the mission, whatever that may be* Isabelle and Drake will accompany you.

*He took a moment to let this information sink in before he continued on* As for who will be on your team, I am still sorting through records but I will forward their Dossiers to your private quarters aboard the ship once your current mission is complete. From there you will recruit them as you see necessary.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:38 pm

*Neassa is not surprised to learn her assumption about the agents that had sent to infiltrate the dar'jetii had been correct; they have most likely either been made and terminated but there is a slight possibility they have simply been unable to report in for whatever reason. M's instructions where the agents are concerned are clear enough even if he does not spell out the fact that the agents and the possibility of extracting them are a secondary priority so far as the mission is concerned and Neassa finds herself agreeing with him; if intel is the primary objective there is no reason to add the risks attempting an extraction would pose to an already perilous assignment. The addition of Operator and Drake to the assignment comes as a surprise and Neassa nearly objects; Operator has described herself as a thief and Drake is a totally unknown quantity. M hasn't given her any orders concerning how Operator and Drake are to be involved however, which Neassa takes to mean that is up to her discretion; she can have them sit tight in the ship if she determines they would only hinder her ability to complete her mission and so she says nothing.*

*After M concludes by explaining that he will be sending her dossiers to review after her current assignment is complete, making it evident that, contrary to what Neassa had thought based on what Operator had told her, the team she has been hired to shepherd is one that she will be assembling herself rather than one that already exists, Neassa, as succinct and direct as ever in such situations, nods once and says,* :: Understood. *The implication that she, Operator and Drake are expected to depart for their mission immediately is clear enough and so, asking the only questions she has at the moment, Neassa asks,* Will we be reporting to you directly? Do you want us to report in during the mission or maintain comm silence throughout and debrief upon our return? ::

Affiliation:

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:05 pm

*Taking the last drag from his cigarette the Mysterious Man extinguishes the butt in the ashtray and exhales* Use your own discretion. If you feel you need the information you find throughout the mission is time sensitive then by all means you are welcome to relay it to me, but be cautious. You will be reporting directly to me for this mission, it is far too important for me not to oversee directly. You can contact me as we are now or you can send me written mission reports, preferably the latter for most missions. You have a lot of work ahead of you and not much time to waste.

*His even tone and calm demeanor were not at all in line with how he should probably be acting, any typical person my sound worried or afraid, be shaking and even sweating, the Mysterious Man however was far from these typical behaviors. He was confident, though his mind was in several places all at once to most people it wouldn't seem that way, but it comes with the territory of running a massive organization and keeping it and its actions secret from the public.*

*He looked down to a panel on his chair and was about to terminate the call but instead looked up* And Shepard. *He paused* Good luck. *He then disconnected allowing Neassa to start her mission*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:08 pm

:: Understood, :: *Neassa says with a nod after M lays out the hows and whys of reports where the mission she, Drake and Operator will be embarking on are concerned; deciding that, given that comm transmissions could reveal their location, be traced or intercepted or present any number of other unfavorable circumstances, she will report in only once the mission is complete unless she uncovers something that, as M said, requires immediate action.

Nodding again after M wishes her good luck, resisting the urge to make a snappy, cocky reply to that remark, Neassa hears the platform beneath her cycle down and watches as M and the room he had been transmitting from fades and is replaced by the comms room back on *

Return to The Organization