Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Open Terrain

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Sun May 16, 2010 1:00 pm

Re: Open Terrain

*Kaarn did have the teeth, and as Malora drew closer to him, her scent and the proximity drew his lips back off the gleaming white incisors in an ugly snarl. She was tough, that was certain. She was brave to a fault as well. But she was weak, and foolhardy. The words were barely out of her mouth when his fist connected with her stomach. The second blow came from above at an acute angle against her collarbone, and the warrior felt a satisfying 'CRAK' as the clavicle splintered. Finally, a lightning-fast roundhouse kick took her in the chest, and in the low atmosphere, she lands twelve feet away, flat on her back. He was on her before the dust had settled, his knee putting pressure on her windpipe.*

[/color]

*Rising off her prone form, leaving the Mark sputtering for air and blue-in-the-face, Kaarn grabs a handful of her hair and drags her bodily across the open ground toward the snubfighter. Her boot-heels move awkwardly across the rough scrub-ground, and she coughs and gulps oxygen down as he continues.*

*The Nagai drops her by the side of the fighter, entering the correct sequence of keystrokes that opens the ventral storage chamber, exposing the prisoner tube. He bends down, close to her, his face scant inches away from hers, his breath reeking of uncooked meat and the bitter tang of hatred. He hauls her into a half-seated position forcibly by her jacket's lapels*

*His forehead, so close to hers, came crashing down on the bridge of her nose, and the world went black for Karana Malora.

Kaarn roughly tossed her unconscious form into the stasis tube, fastening the restraints tightly, unconcerned about her injuries. Before closing the prisoner tube, he found himself still filled with hatred and rage, and he drew one of the Kukri, again tracing the line of her perfect jaw with its cold, flat surface. Using the pointed tip of the blade, he etched two horizontal lines on her left cheek, like Native War-paint on her beautiful, unmarked skin. His heart beat a touch faster as two thin lines of blood ran down her cheek and into her tangled hair, but never broke 55 bpm.

He shut the stasis tube, activated the oxygen supply, and prepped the snub-fighter for immediate lift-off...*

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:20 am

*After 2 weeks time the Garrison is up and running smoothly, patrols are set and fighters launched around Anoth, communication with orbital platforms happen once an hour on the hour, there is not much on Anoth, cold and barren, much like Hoth.*

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:52 am

*A mining facility is in the works, the foundations area is cleared, thou the harsh weather makes it difficult. A massive construction droid is under construction, in 3 days time it will start building the Facility.*

Affiliation:

Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:47 am

*The massive construction droid lumbers along steadily, 80% of the faciltiy is nearly completed, shield genny installed and working properly, powerplanet performing as expected. Fighter patrols continue. Communications with the orbital platform above proceed every hour.*

Affiliation:

Post Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:29 am

*Mining complex up and running, droid haulers begin moving raw materials from the open face mine to the facility. Regular fighter patrols continue, Garrison base on yellow alert.*

Affiliation:

Post Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:10 pm

*Mining operation continue with regular preventative maintenance on sections that need regular upkeep, raw materials are separated into specific ore groups and moved to storage until pick by BMC.*

Affiliation:

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:15 pm

*Transports are loaded with the next delivery for BMC upon there next return to the Platforms above.*

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/PURPLE.png[/img]

Post Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:12 am

*Clouds high up in the sky parted way as the Cargo Empress Super Freighter "Dark Heart" descended through the atmosphere. The long transport gently glided downwards, heading in the direction of a fortress long since forgotten. Aboard the transport, TSTS employees began to ready equipment in the rear compartment. The captain, Tobias Fuzzbottoms, ran through the landing procedures with his co-pilot, Charlie Chipmunk.*

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "Prepare to lower landing gear."

Charlie Chipmunk: "Landing gear lowered, boss."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: *Scowls* "I said 'prepare' to lower the landing gear. Not lower it now."

Charlie Chipmunk: "Oops. Sorry, sir."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "No harm done, rookie. Now lower the landing gear."

Charlie Chipmunk: "By I just...uh, yeah. Sure thing, boss."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "You've still got a thing or two to learn about being a freighter pilot, rookie. It ain't all hyperspace runs and space truck stops."

Charlie Chipmunk: "Oh I don't know. I think I've got about the gist of it."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: *Chuckles* "Says the Wok that extended the landing struts early."

Charlie Chipmunk: "Only a little early. Besides, you told me to do it like ten seconds later."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "And the Captain is always right. You start doing things out of procedure and mistakes get made. The struts could have clipped another ship."

Charlie Chipmunk: *Shakes his head* "Another ship out here? I don't think I need the sensors to tell you that this planet is uninhabited."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "Appearances can be deceiving. The privacy offered here would be rather fetching to say, 'Kendorian Pirates'. You can never be too careful these days."

Charlie Chipmunk: "It's Empire space, boss. I think pirates are the least of our worries."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "Perhaps. Check your six. I think we just missed the fortress."

*The chestnut furred Ewok known as Charlie looked over the sensor readout, trying to match up the data with the map they had been provided with.*

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: *Impatiently* "Well?"

Charlie Chipmunk: "Give me a second."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "It ain't rocket science, kid. It is either there or it isn't."

Charlie Chipmunk: "False alarm I think. The map says the base should still be a little further ahead."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "Good. Now how about you make yourself useful and pour me another cafe."

*Charlie groaned and got out of his seat, moving over to the cafe machine at the rear of the cockpit. He filled a mug with black cafe before returning to the front of the room, handing the captain his drink.*

Charlie Chipmunk: "What's at the base that is so important?"

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "It isn't whats at the base that is important. It's what's near it."

Charlie Chipmunk: "Okay. So what's near it?"

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "An MT-AT."

Charlie Chipmunk: "What's that?"

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: *Raises a brow* "Really? I thought all you Woklings were hip for Imperial tech."

Charlie Chipmunk: "Save it, old timer. And no one says 'hip' anymore. Except for Woks your age. Only it's more, 'my hips are bothering me'. You know, because your old and decrepit."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: *Scowls* "Not so old that I can't still set you right. Anyways, an MT-AT is a Spider Walker."

Charlie Chipmunk: "A spider walker? What would one of those being doing way out here?"

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: *Shrugs* "I couldn't tell you. The information we received suggested the Remnant used a few down here a while ago to assault that fortress I mentioned. One got damaged and left behind."

Charlie Chipmunk: "So we're looking for a damaged walker then? Great, so it's another garbage duty mission."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "The reports said it was damaged, but not how damaged. For all we know it is still in workable condition. If not, we bring it back to the station and restore it."

Charlie Chipmunk: "Wouldn't it be cheaper to just build a new one?"

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: *Sips his cafe* "Maybe. But these are rare. A blend of Confederate design and Imperial steel."

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Post Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:53 am

*It was around that time in the conversation where the "Dark Heart" flew over the abandoned fortress. Cockpit alarms went off as the ships sensors detected that the transport had passed its target destination. Tobias gripped the control yoke and began to edge the freighter down towards the terrain below.*

Charlie Chipmunk: *Peering out the view port.* "I hope you are right, old man. Otherwise this whole trip was just an expensive waste of fuel."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "If worse comes to worse we can always just scavenge the remains of the fortress. I wouldn't be surprised if there was something of value left behind inside."

Charlie Chipmunk: "We'll see."

*The transport began to set down upon a flat straight atop the mountain ridge, redistributing weight onto the landing struts. Meanwhile the cargo bay doors began to open, exposing the ships interior to the atmosphere outside. Woks in jump suits began to swagger down the ramp and off the ship. Tobias and Charlie shut down the engines and put the freighter into sleep mode. When they were done, Tobias edged out of his seat and motioned for Charlie to follow after him. The two Woks departed the ship and took a look around.*

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "Ah, look at the sky my boy. It's beautiful."

Charlie Chipmunk: *Frowning* "It's purple."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "Violet, actually. Close enough though."

Charlie Chipmunk: "Can we get on with it? I already don't like this place."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "Fine. The map says the walker should just be around the next ridge."

*The two pilots began to trek across the mountainous terrain while the remaining ten Woks unloaded hover sled and began to set up their tools.* *It wasn't so much the tranquility of the planet that Charlie didn't like, but rather, the lack of modern civilization. He could respect natural beauty, but this was the Outer Rim. One ship malfunction and they could all find themselves stranded. If there were signs of civilization then at least they'd be able to get help. As it stood, they were completely on their own.*

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: *Puffing* "Just over this next ridge."

Charlie Chipmunk: "You going to make it, gramps? You are starting to wobble."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "Shove off, rookie. I just haven't gotten my land legs back yet. You'll have the same problem if you get to be my age."

Charlie Chipmunk: "I'm actually kind of hoping to be retired by the time I'm your age. You know, wife and kids, little house on the cradle."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: *Hearty Scoff* "You want to live on Pzob?"

Charlie Chipmunk: "Sure, why not? What's wrong with Pzob?"

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: *Sarcasm* "Oh I don't know. Wok eating Rancors, savage Gamorrean tribal folk, tyrannical Sith overlords. Take your pick."

Charlie Chipmunk: "In case you've forgotten, we're working for one of those Sith. In fact, we wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for that Sith."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "I know, alright. I appreciate everything Dad did for us. That doesn't mean I agree with everything he does though."

Charlie Chipmunk: "He takes care of us."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "To an extent, yes. But what about the rest of the galaxy?"

Charlie Chipmunk: "What about it?"

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "Don't play dumb. You've read the holo-net reports. He's killed people, lots and lots of innocent people."

Charlie Chipmunk: "That's just propaganda spread by the Jedi. They hate the Sith, they'd do anything to smear their name. If Dad was so bad, he wouldn't have made us."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "What makes you so sure? Maybe it is all a part of some scheme of his."

Charlie Chipmunk: "Don't you start with the bloody conspiracy theories again. I don't want to hear this again."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "Be blind if you want to be. I choose to use my head. It stands to reason."

*Back and forth they argued, all the way over the ridge and down into the next valley. It was in the midst of the arguing that they finally noticed an unusual shape protruding from a small ravine.*

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "I think that must be it."

Charlie Chipmunk: "It's half submerged. Unless that is all that is left of it."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "We'll definitely need the Repulsor Sleds if we are going to pull it out."

Charlie Chipmunk: "It has gotta be rusted to Sithspit at this point."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "That depends on the alloy used. We might get lucky, though there is only one way to find out."

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Post Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:52 pm

*Sometime later that day.*

*Woks were busy manipulating equipment, dragging the MT-AT out of the pond and onto the dry ground beyond. It took a couple of hours to remove the entire unit from the water but eventually the job was done. Tobias went over the entire unit with a fine tooth comb. Figuratively speaking of course, as going over the entire unit with a comb would likely take days for someone as small as an elderly Ewok. Occasionally he made notes in his data pad, punching in calculations with the digits of his furry paws. Co-pilot Chipmunk approached the captain when it looked as though he had finished.*

Charlie Chipmunk: "Well?"

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "There is good news and there is bad news."

Charlie Chipmunk: "Bad new first."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "The armour is corroded. Most of it anyway. Either way it is going to be completely replaced."

Charlie Chipmunk: "And the good news?"

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "The interior is in pretty good shape. While the exterior corroded, it didn't breach. A few fluid changes and a bit of engine grease should have this baby running as good as new."

Charlie Chipmunk: "What about the damage?"

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: *Raises an eyebrow* "Damage?"

Charlie Chipmunk: "You said this thing was left behind because it had sustained damage. What was the damage?"

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: *Nods his head* "Oh, right. Uh, Right third leg and the left second leg joints are fused. Looks like it sustained some heavy blaster fire. Nothing that can't be fixed with a little love and tender care."

Charlie Chipmunk: "That's not so bad. I'm surprised they even left it behind."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "I'm not. The Empire is wasteful. This wouldn't be the first thing they threw credits away on."

Charlie Chipmunk: "Even if we pull off those armoured plates, that thing won't all fit in the ship. It's a bit unwieldy."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "It'll fit. We'll need to disassemble it, but if my calculations are correct, we can get it all in one go."

Charlie Chipmunk: "If you say so. I'll get the boys to work on it right away."

*And with that, Charlie swaggered off in the direction of his crew mates. Tobias let out a whistle, admiring the engineering of the disabled walker. Even as a slagged piece of scrap metal, it was still a pretty piece of hardware.* *Given the turrets on each leg joint, he had a good guess what the master wanted it for.*

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Post Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:10 pm

*Disassembling the MT-AT went relatively swiftly. Putting it back together would be a bit more tricky, though that could be done later under the supervision of the assembly line workers at the Twin Sun Station. Repulsor-Sleds went back and forth between the recovery site and the transport, moving the larger pieces first and allowing the crew time to carefully pack up the smaller components. The rusted plates were tossed aside, stacked in a pile near the ravine where the spider walker was found. A few of the Woks had taken to banging on the armoured plates with power hammers due to the corrosion. Eventually the entire unit was packed up and placed aboard the freighter. When the job was done, Captain Fuzzbottoms planted a flag in the soil near the dig site. The flag carried the family crest of the Azzameen family and suggested to any that came after that the area belonged to them. Once done, Charlie and Tobias reentered the cockpit and prepared the ship for take off.*

Charlie Chipmunk: "That went smoothly."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "Savor it, kid. We won't always get this lucky."

Charlie Chipmunk: "Maybe. I'm just glad you were wrong about the pirates."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "Eh, pirates aren't so bad. I reckon the reason we didn't find any around here was because we're in Imperial space."

Charlie Chipmunk: "You really think that would discourage them?"

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "Everyone needs to make a living, but some livings are easier than others. Raiding a Coalition system as opposed to an Imperial system might seem like a safer bet. If they get captured then they are looking at jail time. You get captured in an Imperial system, well, usually you end up dead. The Sith aren't known for their capacity for mercy."

Charlie Chipmunk: "True. But they also aren't known for being stingy on the credits. How much you think this walker is going to bring us?"

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "Thirty-five as is. If we repair it, probably closer to fifty. If we restore it, then it could be anywhere and upwards of a hundred."

Charlie Chipmunk: "That's it? AT-AT's sell for two."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: *Grinning* "So you do know something about Imperial tech. And here I thought you were an exception for your generation."

Charlie Chipmunk: "Don't get too excited. I looked it up while we were packing up."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "Oh. Uh, two you say? Sounds about right. Keep in mind that those are stock models. Used or army surplus are going to be considerably less. We're selling this one back to the company though, so that's why it will probably be lower. They are already covering the costs for fuel and maintenance. We'll still be in the black though."

Charlie Chipmunk: "Good. I'm tired of being in the red. This Wok needs to eat."

Tobias Fuzzbottoms: "As do we all. Alright, rook, lets take her up."

Charlie Chipmunk: "I thought you would never ask."

*The Cargo Empress-class Super Freighter began to rise off the ground, lifted as its repulsor engines came online. In moments it was airborne, heading back up the way it came. It vanished as it entered the clouds, ascending towards orbit.*

Affiliation:

Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:53 am

*Mining continues as the troops in the Garrison base take a lil breather and get some R&R.*

Affiliation:

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:46 pm

*An encrypted comms arrives, control of the planet is placed in the jurisdiction of the Sith Witch Dark Lady Trace.*

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:37 am

*Transport vessels descended from the skies above Anoth moving towards a flat surfaced area upon it's terrain. After landing, it's ramps opened up to make way for the soldiers.*

~10 Legions divides Cyrus's Army~
50,000- Stormtroopers (5000 troopers to every legion)
5000- Imperial Elite (500 to each legion)
500- Commandos (50 Commandos to each legion)
10 (NPC) - Sith acolytes (1 commanding officer to each legion)

*A commanding Officer looked around while moving out in front of the military. One of the commandos from the 4th Legion approached the Sith.* :: What are you orders my lord. :: *The Sith raised his hand and dramatically swept his hand out in front of himself.* I want one hundred scouts in every direction to set up communication outposts, make a perimeter. Seize any operations going on and kill anyone who questions the Empire.

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:55 pm

The planet is dead...
*One of the soldiers of the fourth legion had said. His specialized breathing mask amplified his voice, he and the rest of the soldiers walking the surface wore these masks on their faces. The atmosphere must of been toxic with what showed up on their scanners. Walking up to the top of the first hill this squadron was sent out to scout the commander raised his device confirming that the air was a 'Type III' atmosphere, slightly toxic to humans. Other species, unknown of. *

*Some of the soldiers carried cargo which contained the set up for the camps. specialized tents which in it's design would also be perfect for a planet such as this one. In other words, the tent vacuum seals. The machines they carried were wholly purposed for their oxygen masks but when released inside the tent it would give them fresh air to breath without the masks. He scanned some sort of crystal after they all stopped and prepared setting up the camps.* A life form? *He said seeming shocked to it's state.* Barely...but life signs. In crystals? Very interesting this planet. Curious. I wonder what it was like before it fell apart..

*The Sith said then walked over to continue helping with the camp set up. The main tent was the largest, small communication devices would be set up within as well. Small enough to easily carry, every other squadron was doing the same if they had already reached their destination. Just outside of every command tent a scanning beacon was set down which could detect the perimeter on a large scale. The commander knelt down beside the tent and opened one of the cargo crates, within was the top piece of a Viper probe droid. Soldiers set down the cargo crates containing the other pieces, easily put together by one who's done this a thousand times. A little while later he activated the droid and programmed it to scout the outer perimeter where they could not detect with the scanners. Every squadron also possessed this type of droid. Very handy and lethal, the best way to know your surroundings.

Back to the deployment ships the rest of the army were on stand by. Arcus had also ordered the many tents to be set up all over this valley. Most of the soldiers remained inside the ships due to lack of space within the tents but everyone knew the best place to be right now was inside. Arcus watched their progress setting up all the computers within the High command tent. After he entered he ordered the two elite guards to allow no one entry. Taking off his mask Arcus had taken a look at the scanners, in every corner of the scanner screen were the locations of his out posts where even they have scanned a perimeter and activated their probe droids. All was going well, until he remembered this wasn't his army. He'd done everything, and maybe he was gaining more respect then the military had for Cyrus. A plot stirred up in his head, but right now was no time to be fighting within the Empire.

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:37 pm

*Everything seemed all in place. A base of operations was scheduled for construction soon, preferably when their leader Lord Cyrus had returned. In the meantime the military and it's general begun spanning out further into groups and setting camps in the outskirts past the scouting outposts.*

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:31 pm

*The outposts begun deploying speeder scouts, three each moving in every direction. A progression report is sent to the orbital fleet.*
Previous

Return to Anoth's Terrain