Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Yoda's Hut

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:53 am

Re: Yoda's Hut

*Morgan's eyes had widened a bit. What did Anna say about a vision? Oh, of course, she was a Seer, but it wasn't the fact that Anna had a vision that surprised and excited her; it was that Morgan had one as well. Did Anna also see Yoda? She was very curious and wanted to ask, but something held her back; she wasn't sure what it was, but something told her that it would just be for the best if she left it alone.

So instead she went about helping Anna with the medpac, crouching beside her and lending whatever aid she could if Anna needed it or asked for it. Anna seemed to be able to do things well enough, though Morgan gave a few sympathy grimaces as she watched Anna's facial responses to her wounds being treated.

It was the question of whether Morgan had a mother that completely removed everything from Morgan's mind as she focused upon this question. It seemed kind of sudden and random. Or maybe Anna was just trying to pass the time by trying to get to know her. Still, it seemed oddly specific; did Anna have a vision about her own mother, maybe? She started to frown, but realized that Anna didn't seem to want to talk about her vision. So just in case, she quickly forced the smile away and replaced it with a smile as she spoke.*

Well, yeah! Felucia's my mommy! I connected with it, and it even gave me the power to control some of the creatures and even the plants. I can speak Felucian, too!
*That was probably the shortest version of the story she had ever given, but she wondered if a fuller explanation would even be necessary given that Anna was a Seer. The full story would certainly give Anna the explanation for why she broke down and cried after Anna attacked her, because she had seen Psallo, the being responsible for Felucia taking in her spirit and granting her these great abilities.

But as she contemplated explaining it in detail, another thought came to her: An addition to her answer, making it more thorough. Kory... Her kindness, her protection, her love... Morgan had admitted to herself that she viewed the woman like a mother, perhaps due to the lack of a humanoid one in the living realm. Her relationship with Felucia was wonderful, yes, and she wouldn't trade it for anything in the galaxy, but...*

... There's someone else too.
*Morgan had looked away, staring at the far wall but not truly seeing it. She brought her eyes back to look at Anna's├óÔé¼ÔÇØ right. Her eyes lowered to the ground, then simply back into Anna's face, unflinching at the scarred and eyeless sockets.*
Her name's "Kory"... She's a Jedi, she came to Felucia one day and I met her. She was really nice, she was good to me, she cheered me up when I was sad, and... and she loves me. And I love her, too. I...
*Morgan closed her eyes, thinking of the more tender moments she had spent with the woman. The hallway outside the archives, when Kory had held her and sang a comforting song to her, where Morgan had first declared that she had loved Kory. The hangar, when Kory had left for the first time, and Morgan had begged her not to leave so soon...*
... I think she's like a mommy to me, too.
*Morgan's eyes remained closed, moisture forming between her eyelids and a tear from each eye running down her cheeks. This was the first time she had ever admitted it to anyone that she thought of Kory that way. She bowed her head, letting her moist eyelids part as she stared at the ground through her glistening gaze. She missed Kory. She missed Felucia's humanoid form, too. Both of her motherly figures... right now, they were so far away.*
My first mommy and daddy died.
*Morgan was now hugging her knees, looking away and resting her temple upon a knee.*
I was only three. They were officers. But then the place they worked was attacked and destroyed by Sith.
*Morgan closed her eyes for a full second, then reopened them. When she was younger, she really didn't have much curiosity regarding her former parents, being happy that she had found a new family, one that was there for her more. At the time, that was all she had cared about. But as she grew older, she had occasionally begun to wonder more about them, what they were like. Why they couldn't find more time to spend with her...*
They weren't home a lot. I didn't see them a lot. I don't remember what they look like. I was taken care of by nannies instead... I remember a couple of them, though. Just a little bit. I haven't seen them in years...
*Morgan sighed, then buried her face in her knees. Why was she so suddenly desiring to know more about parents that barely ever spent time with her when she had such a loving family now, that was always there for her? Her current father was an amazing father that she loved deeply. And her mother... well, it was hard to beat a planet. But even Kory was a wonderful substitute, for both Felucia and "Katherine Rickerbocker."

She even remembered their names. Her father's was "Dominic." But she could not put a face to either name. But what did it matter? They were dead. The name "Rickerbocker" was dead to her and no longer had any meaning. She was Morgan Emily Calmcacil. She was a member of the Calmcacil family, and a child of Felucia. This was who she was. And yet, through the false anger, her curiosity still lingered, for whatever reason still desiring answers...

"Desired answers, you did, and willing to let any obstacle impede you, you were not."

Right then, she supposed she would go get those answers. ... some other time, of course. There were other answers to get to now, that were on Dagobah. Her history could be saved until she returned home. She raised her head, reached up with one hand to wipe her eyes, then set her chin upon her knees, watching Anna for a response. They could move on whenever she was ready, but Morgan didn't mind the conversation either.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:12 pm

Anna smiled slightly as Morgan spoke about Felucia being her mother. She'd followed the story closely, well as closely as Fate would let her. She was curious as to how Morgan would fare with being snatched this way and that between realms of the living, and though Anna had never been there herself, she wondered what it was like to abide in the consciousness of a planet. The very idea seamed very intriguing.

Though Morgan's demeanor seemed to slowly degrade as she began to talk about Kory, a woman who had visited Felucia when Anna was at her darkest. She winced as she applied pressure to her leg injury, though she had the mind to think she winced for more than just that reason. Turning her face away, Anna almost clamped her teeth down on her cheek when Morgan began to explain that her real parents had died when she was very young, Killed by sith no doubt.

Bloody Kriff, she'd been write, even when she was being sarcastic mentally she was right. With out hesitation, Anna moved forward again, even though it pained her a little, and wrapped her arms around Morgan's tiny body, offering what little comfort she could.

My mother was killed by my father when he fell to the darkside.

She said, as she leaned her head back against the wall, remembering the face of her mother again. Just for that, she was thankful for the vision. If only because she had forgotten the look of her mother, and she'd never cared for the face of her father, not after her mother's death. Now, she felt she had some important part of her past back. Though this all came with the clincher that they weren't her real parents, which opened up the question....

...Who were?

I had a Jedi master who was like a father to me though.

"And I killed him" She suddenly thought bitterly to herself. With a shiver she shook her head and only voiced, in a hollow tone,

He's not here anymore either. She smiled a joyless smile and shook her head. It's alright though. I don't think he'd be happy with me, getting possessed by a demon and all that. It's not becoming of a Jedi, not very fun either. Don't try it Morgan.

She said, her voice tapering off into an almost frightful whisper as she stroked the girl's hair one last time, slowly. Jolting slightly as if waking from a dangerous trance, she gripped the side of the wall and stood up, glancing around with her eyeless gaze. Her breath came quicker now. The blade was calling to her. Scrunching up her face again, she spoke once more, trying to keep her voice softer than it actually came out.

Let's go. there are things we must do.

She bit her tongue, keeping herself from speaking anymore, at least, until she was a bit more balanced, and didn't run the risk of frightening Morgan off. Turning from the child, Anna tightened up her shoulders, putting her hands before her to hide them from the girl, and clinching her fingers into tight fists. Clinching her teeth, she let out a long breath through her nose, breathed in through her mouth, and repeated the process a few times until she'd calmed down again. Lowering her head, she stooped slowly and picked up the rations and water bottles, slipping them into the shoulder bag before deftly pushing the door opened and heading outside into the thick muggy air of the sound laden swomp. She had to find her vest, and her other weapons...

and the dagger.

Affiliation:

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:55 pm

*Morgan felt the gentle, comforting arms around her once again, and she leaned into them, against Anna. She gently wrapped her own arms around Anna's abdomen. The comfort wasn't truly needed, but it was more than welcome, and Morgan wanted Anna to know that. Anna was doing Morgan a lot of good, and Morgan was grateful for her presence; she wasn't sure how well she'd do without her.

Anna then revealed some information about herself: That her own mother had been killed by her father when he turned to the dark side. Morgan looked up at her sadly, as though wanting to do something to comfort her. Even more so when she revealed that the other fatherly figure in her life, a Jedi Master, was also gone. Anna didn't seem to regret this, saying that he wouldn't be "happy with her" being possessed by a demon. Anna seemed to be sardonically saying this, judging by her joke that it was "not becoming of a Jedi," and advising Morgan not to try it.

Well, of course she wouldn't try it. She hated the dark side and darkness itself. Hate was probably a strong word, but she very much despised it. It had done nothing but harm to her throughout her life, and there was no way she would ever let it in, ever embrace it at all. But she wasn't thinking much on that, more on what Anna said about her second father figure not being "happy" with her. Somehow... Morgan didn't think that were true at all.

But Anna was suddenly standing, Morgan instinctively backing away to give her space. Anna suggested they go, that there were "things" they "must do." The way she said it... there was something odd about it. Morgan suddenly wondered if there weren't remnants of her possession that still chipped at her on occasion. Like that dagger... Morgan didn't understand it, but she felt no hostility coming from Anna. But before they left, Morgan something to say.*

I don't think your other daddy would be mad at you, Anna... You're really nice.
*Morgan managed a small and reassuring smile, attempting to emphasize the sincerity of her words. Then she simply gathered up her items, slipping the glowrod back into the bag and removing a ration bar as she slung the bag around her shoulders, unwrapping the bar as she ducked out of the hut, back into the wilderness.

It was dusk, now, the dim remnants of light slipping through the trees to provide meager visibility. Morgan stuck the bar between her teeth, removing the glowrod from the bag and lighting it so that they could see better. She then twisted the bar downward, biting off a piece and resisting a disgusted sound as she chewed it, looking about Dagobah at night.

Things seemed so... oddly relaxing now. Serene, the only sounds the croaking of nocturnal creatures, the chirping of insects. She wondered what other sorts of nocturnal creatures roamed Dagobah... no predators, she hoped. Or at least, not dangerous ones. There was still one other thing, though. Anna said that there were things they must do. Whether or not she realized it├óÔé¼ÔÇØwouldn't be surprising, considering she was a Seer├óÔé¼ÔÇØshe was very right.*

Anna, there's something I have to see.
*She looked up at the eyeless Seer, only now realizing that she had left the blindfold inside the hut. Morgan thought about mentioning it, but Anna probably left it there for a reason. Forgetting this, Morgan continued.*
I... don't know what it is. It's... familiar, somehow. But dark... I don't like the dark side, but I want to know what this is. It almost feels like, like I have to go there. But I don't know why. But Yoda told me that if I wanted to know the answers to something, I should go find them, and not let anything get in my way.
*Conviction had suddenly entered Morgan's tone as she spoke this last sentence, and it even affected her posture, as she stood up a little straighter, arms held tight to her sides, fists clenched around glowrod and ration bar. But then she eased herself, realizing there was really no need for this; was she subconsciously attempting to stand her ground and try to convince Anna she needed to go? She spoke again, in a softer tone.*
... so I want to go see.
*Morgan now wondered if Anna knew what Morgan was talking about, or even if she already knew what the source was. Morgan certainly couldn't place it; all she could tell was that there was a lingering hint of the dark side, with something very familiar about it. She couldn't sense any presences at all, though, and no danger simply from the thought of just going there, so she felt confident in herself. Actual presences, though, might have made her reconsider...*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:53 pm

The heart felt, and uplifting comment from Morgan fell on Anna's ears like gas to an already burning flame. Her previously kindled emotions suddenly ignited and the Seer stopped, peering down at the ground and setting her eyeless gaze directly on the possessed dagger mysteriously at her feet. She wanted to whirl on the girl and scream at her, tell her that she'd been the one to maliciously stab her Jedi Master in the chest with the bloody intent to kill him. She wanted to tell her that she was not a nice person, that she still had that dark blight within her, and that it would never go away. She was forever tainted, and forever cursed. The vision of her mother, promising her balance, began to fade as the dagger whispered horrible reasons why she should prove her wickedness to the small child.

Anna didn't move for a few moments as Morgan continued to speak. She had to see something, something dark. Perhaps if Anna reasoned- but there was no reasoning with the darkside. It could only be bribed by destruction. And that was exactly what Anna would do. So, rather than giving into the remaining demonic presence within her, Anna reached down and picked up the tainted blade, looking at it with an eyeless intensity. With out care if Morgan saw or not, Anna lifted the blade's edge to her upper arm, just under her sleeve and drug its sharp edge against her flesh, cleaving in two. Any question as to what she had done wold be abolished as red liquid dripped down her arm. The majority of it was drawn into the metallic surface of the strange weapon, and for now, the whispers stopped, and the darker motivations which might have, if stronger, harmed Morgan, had dwindled, leaving Anna along for the time being. The seer was glad of that.

As the darkness lifted, her vision came back to her, full force, driving the last remainder of darkness from her mind for a while. Once again she looked down at the blade, which, even though it had cut into flesh and drew blood, had not a drop of life liquid on it.

One day, She said, as if to herself but loud enough for Morgan to hear. I'll get rid of this.

She wasn't sure how, and she wasn't sure how difficult the road to redemption would be, but she did know one thing. It would be worth it, just like her mother said. Stooping and grabbing up her vest, she put it on, further hiding the self inflicted wound, and almost violently, stabbed the dagger into it's sheath within her vest.

With renewed determination, the Seer turned now to Morgan, without the foreign desire to harm her. Anna's expression was a lot less frightening than it had been only moments before, away from the view of the child. She spoke with an understanding tone as Morgan's words completely registered in her mind.

I think I know where we're headed....and even if it's not what you're wanting to see, it'll be a good experience for you anyway. If it is what you're after, then, we're being efficient. And it's not too far from here either.

She checked all her weapons once again, hefted the bag onto her shoulder, lightly fingered the curved hilt of her lightsaber and jerked her head forward before she started walking.

Though, walking after darkness JUST because you want to see it will get you into a lot of trouble. I don't think the next few days will be much fun...for either of us. But, as soon as I'm clearheaded enough to attempt it, I'll try to contact someone through the force, to come get us, alright?

She asked, putting the previous emotional spell out of her mind. They were, after all, headed to the darkside cave. And both of them would need to be prepared for that.

Affiliation:

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:37 pm

*And in a moment, everything changed. The atmosphere had gone tense. There was a sudden sense of hostility in the air, and Morgan's eyes widened, her senses already reaching out defensively to predict any potential attacks. She took a step backward, glancing around, but when there was nothing out there, there was only one conclusion to be made: The hostility was coming from Anna.

Suddenly Morgan wasn't so sure about this. If Anna was going to attack, well, she was much more trained in the Force, and clearly not just the Jedi side of things. That, and she was a Seer. Morgan, powerful though she was, was merely a young trainee. And she was outside of Felucia, where her strength was greatest and she could actually call upon the wilderness to aid her. Here, she was vulnerable.

The knife. That knife Morgan could feel the darkness radiating off of, the knife that had made Morgan uncomfortable before... the way Anna was lifting and seemingly examining it now, it was making her even more uncomfortable. And then Anna raised it, but not as though to strike. Instead, she put it to her own flesh, just beneath her sleeve.

And then cut her flesh.

Morgan watched in shock and horror as Anna carried out this act, a small amount of blood spilling down the girl's arm. Morgan had no clue what was happening, why Anna was doing this; she finally had the sense to gasp softly, mouth agape, chills running down her spine. And when Anna removed the blade from her skin, it was strangely clean, its eerie beauty marred by not a single drop of blood. And Morgan gasped again; was this blade so demonic that it consumed one's own blood?! It was no wonder it had made her uncomfortable.

Strange as it may have been, Anna seemed to also be uncomfortable, for she heard the statements directed to herself of how she would one day get rid of the blade. For that matter, only now did Morgan realize that the air had suddenly stilled, all hostility vanished, as though the urge to strike had been sated. So then, why didn't Anna just leave it? Morgan almost wanted to suggest that, but she was now so paranoid of the dagger that she feared it would only drive Anna to further violence. Instead, she remained silent, watching as Anna donned her vest, sheathing the dagger forcefully├óÔé¼ÔÇØperhaps with contempt?├óÔé¼ÔÇØbefore turning to Morgan, calm once more, before speaking to her.

The destination Anna mentioned was one the Seer only thought was what Morgan was looking for, and while the event that had just transpired was still jarring, this statement almost made Morgan begin to question just what a Seer did and didn't know. And whatever it was, Anna seemed to think it would be a "good experience" for her, even if it wasn't what Morgan was after.

Was it the cave? The cave she had learned about that existed upon Dagobah, the "Dark Side Cave" where many had faced trials there? Was this how the cave felt to her? No... When she landed, she had sensed darkness, but it wasn't familiar to her. Then she felt the familiar presence that was also dark... So it was two separate things, she was sure of it. That, or she simply didn't get an accurate read upon the first presence. But if there were two things, and one was the cave... then what was the other thing?

Anna spoke again as she began to walk, Morgan hastily beginning to follow. Anna seemed to be giving her a warning, that "walking after darkness" simply because she wanted to see it would get her in a lot of trouble. Morgan knew that. It wasn't like she was going to walk straight into whatever it was without some investigation first. But... was Anna speaking from experience? Regarding the demon?

Morgan looked up at her concernedly, especially when she continued to say that the "next few days" wouldn't be much fun. Probably not... but it would be worth it. Or so Morgan believed. At least Anna said she would attempt to contact someone through the Force to get them, as soon as she was able. That was reassuring.*

Alright.
*Morgan kept walking in silence for a moment, pondering the events to come and how they would face them, should anything be waiting for them. And that dagger's influence on Anna... There were many things that would prove to create a few days of hardship, wasn't there? At last, Morgan looked up, speaking softly through the night.*
Anna? I... I'm not scared. And I'm not stupid. I'm not gonna just run into anything before I know what it is. But I'm not scared. Whatever it is...
*Morgan had to pause another moment, as though to be sure whether she were sure of the next thing she was about to say. When she was, she spoke.*
... whatever it is, I'm ready for it.
*She made sure she sounded like she meant it, as well as felt like it. She did. Whatever it was, it wouldn't scare her; she was ready to face it.

She continued walking onward, keeping her glowrod high so that she could see in all directions. Dagobah, unlike Felucia, was dark at night, or else she would have left the beam off. But she had to have light somehow; suddenly she found herself slightly envious of Anna's Force sight ability, which wouldn't require any light to see. But Morgan liked her eyes, so she was quite fine using the glowrod right now.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:41 pm

Would the girl say anything that Anna could agree with at any point in this small time they spent together? Probably not. It didn't matter, as long as the Seer didn't harm the child mentally or physically. That was almost more difficult than survival on this planet. Goodness. And she couldn't help the blood chilling laughter that rippled from her throat. Anna hated it, herself, the bitter taste left in her mouth when even thinking of that awful language she had spoken at the tower. She didn't turn her head to look at the girl as she responded to her comment about not being afraid. The way Anna said it was not at all comforting, and neither was the unseen smile painted on her face.

You will be.... You will be.

Breathing out, she kept walking, for a while in stark silence, attempting to balance herself, clear her mind, and act like a more friendly version of herself. This planet, the dagger, and the very place they were headed was not helping matters at all.

Keeping the child in her force sight, she made sure Morgan didn't randomly run off. That would be perfect. Even the dagger was questioning Anna on how far she could go before the girl did flee her presence. Mentally she told the thing off. She was tired of separating herself from everything and everybody. Besides, Morgan had given her no reason to want to frighten her.

So why the kriff did she keep trying so hard! ...or was she trying? Maybe it was just who Anna was. Yea, that was it, and she hated herself for it. So silently, trying not to say anything else uncomfortable, they made their way deeper and deeper into the jungle. And to think, Anna had quoted the Jedi Master Yoda himself... for the same reason?

Perhaps.

Affiliation:

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:41 pm

*The chilling laughter from Anna wasn't exactly encouraging, and once more it almost caused Morgan to reconsider her position accompanying this girl. After all, Anna had not only the taint of an actual demon, but that accursed dagger, which she had just used to cut herself and it had apparently drank the blood! These were things that would normally cause Morgan to want to stay away from such a person!

And yet... Anna was trying so very hard not to let any of that overtake her. Her success was slightly questionable, but she had at least been a good guidance and even comfort so far. Morgan couldn't leave her alone; even if Anna was capable of surviving on her own, running away could only be bad for the both of them. For one, if Anna was the one who would be able to find a way off-planet, then Morgan was as good as stranded here forever. For another, if she gave the impression that Anna had scared her away, who knew what that could do to Anna's psyche?

... and Anna continued to be less-than-comforting, with her simple declaration that Morgan would be afraid, in a tone that was just as chilling as the laughter. Morgan completely stopped moving, frozen in place, staring after Anna, her mouth less than half a centimeter agape. Her emerald eyes seemed to shrink almost, as though she were completely daunted by the task of heading to their destination now. Maybe she should stop Anna, suggest they just make a shelter somewhere and├óÔé¼ÔÇØ*

What?
*She jumped and turned, sweeping the glowrod, for she could have sworn that she felt something poke her in the small of her back. But there was nothing there, no one. Morgan frowned. So what had poked her? It had felt like a stick almost... Like... Yoda's walking stick. Her eyes widened now; Yoda was gone, but he was still here in spirit, urging for her to go on. He clearly had faith in her. So who was she to betray that faith, to make it useless?

She tightened one hand into a fist, the other hand simply gripping the glowrod more securely. She set her face in determination. No. Morgan wasn't going to hold back. Morgan was going to find out whatever this was and face it head-on. And Anna was wrong; Morgan wouldn't be afraid. She had been afraid too long. It was time to be brave.

She turned towards Anna again, walking quickly to catch up to her again, then slowed down to a following pace once more. Anna would see. Morgan wasn't afraid. Wouldn't back down. Whatever test this was, Morgan was going to pass it flawlessly.*
Previous

Return to Yoda's Hut