Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Open Orbit

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/RED.png[/img]

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:41 pm

Re: Open Orbit

I sat there reclining in the pilot's chair with my feet resting on the dash for the longest time as I considered his question. I was pretty sure there were some of Adrien's old clothes left on the ship somewhere, maybe even some of Eli's. Between the two, he should be able to find something.

Eyeing him a moment longer, I sprung to my feet and walked up to him, stopping directly in front. He was right about needing a wardrobe change that was for sure. Maybe even a trip to the refresher too. Those furs smelled like...chaos...I couldn't even describe the smell. Animal, obviously. A cocky grin spread across my lips. "I just might..." Continuing to eye him, I noticed the strange scar on the right side of his chest. It wasn't as if I hadn't already been checking him out. Never. But this caught my eye and I wondered at the significance of it since changelings like us could skinshift away any kind of blemish like a scar, unless....

We consciously chose to keep it.

I wondered at the significance of the bullet wound-shaped scar. He probably had no idea though. Reaching out hesitantly, I ran my fingers across the scar, eyes flickering from his skin up to his face as I tried to discern his thoughts. My touching him held a two-fold purpose though. One, the obvious, was curiosity. But the other...a well-kept secret. Hm. Nothing. No latent memories attached to the scar, something I should have been able to get a read on with my talent in psychometry.
"Hmm...interesting.." I spoke softly, more to myself than him as I withdrew my hand and briefly tugged at his arm before releasing it as I beckoned him to follow me down the hallway to my quarters.

Pressing my palm to the panel at the right of the door, I shifted the finger prints on my hand to the correct pattern before the door whooshed open and admitted me. The decor was default for the ship and held no personal touch whatsoever. I threw open the doors to an armoire and nodded at Calanon before reclining on the couch at the end of my bed, grabbing and examining one of the many pieces of flimsi scattered across the nearest end table.

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/ORANGE.png[/img]

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:01 am

"What's so interesting about my scar?" *Apart from the fact that it refuses to heal, obviously.* *Ordinarily, he'd have given her the courtesy of waiting for her to leave before he began changing, but she didn't seem to be in a hurry to go much of anywhere so he didn't bother to wait and dropped his pants to the floor. It didn't take long to find replacements, a pair of dark brown cargo pants, then add a sleeveless white shirt to the mix which was followed by a black leather jacket he found buried under a bright red dress at the bottom of the armoire.* "So what's your plan once we get to the surface? You have any experience deciphering craters?"

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:20 am

Well I can't say I expected him to drop his pants right then and there. Half expected him to at least grab something and walk to the adjoining refresher, buuuttttttt I certainly wasn't complaining. Raising my eyebrows in interest, I watched him over the top of the flimsi I was reading. It was a nice view, I'd give him that much. And I was so distracted by his relative undress that I almost didn't hear what he asked me.

"I'm not sure... It just is interesting.." I was pretty much avoiding in answering his question, mostly because I didn't know how to explain to him what I knew (which was nothing) and how I knew it. That was a secret I had yet to reveal to anyone. Watching him as he got dressed, I averted my eyes and went back to studying my flimsi instead as he put the jacket on. "I don't have a plan." I said rather smugly. "But I've deciphered many things before, never a crater....still, who knows what we may find. Only one way to find out though.."

I rose to my feet and began to walk towards him when suddenly my ship lurched to the side and caught me off balance, sending me tumbling into Calanon. "What the frak?!"

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:46 am

*His body shifted it's weight almost unconsciously as the ship lurched, maintaining his balance even as Tricks was thrown into him.* *Weird... it's like I don't even have to try. Must be a skill left over from before, like the fighting.* *Catching her shoulders, he made sure she was steady before letting go.* "Friends of yours?" *It wasn't easy to see through all the wiring and electronics of the ship, even for his eyes, but the impact of ion cannon fire on the ship's hull was like a floodlight being shone through cloudy glass. That is to say, not really very subtle. At all. He could see the energy arcing through the ship's systems, shorting them out one by one.* "Unless you plan on crashing this bird, you might wanna get to the cockpit before the rest of the controls go up in smoke. I never took engineering..." *Or I don't think I did anyway.* "...but it looks like that shot took out a good chunk of our horizontal maneuverability."

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:24 pm

As Calanon caught me by the shoulders and steadied me, I looked back at him over my shoulder, eyes wide in surprise. "Frak!" I yelled again before taking off running down the hallway back to the cockpit, not even bothering to answer his question since I had no idea what was going on.

This ship was supposed to be untraceable, there is no way anyone could have found me. It must be Calanon they are after, I reasoned. My employer must have put a trace on me and when I didn't report in like I should have last night, he must have sent someone after his prize. Fierfek! This was not good!

Boots clicking against the tile as I ran, I could see ionized electricity streaking through the circuitry in the walls. I was caught off guard and it pissed me off.

"NO! NO! NO!" I partly yelled, partly hissed to myself as I burst into the cockpit and smacked the wall next to the doorway. The systems kicked back in for a moment as the engines hummed back to life before whining in protest and falling quiet as the ship bucked once more, sending me flying into the dash. The systems were fried, everything was dead and now we were a floating orokeet in space.

Regaining my composure, sweat beaded across my forehead as I brushed my blue hair from my eyes. Staring calmly out the cockpit, I took note of the small blockade of ships that had seemingly come out of nowhere. Gladius-class light freighters.
"Sector Rangers." I said as I nodded towards the ships. If it weren't the make of ships that gave it away, surely it was their three-star emblem. I would never forget that.

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:12 pm

*Following her into the cockpit, Cal braced himself in the doorway as the ship lurched, then died again.* "Sector rangers? Some sort of law enforcement I'm assuming?" *If they were, they probably weren't after me. So far as I knew, I'd been a completely (well, relatively anyway) law abiding citizen since I woke up in that crater. Though I guess they might be after me for something I did before that... Nah. Much more likely they're after her.* "I'd ask why they're after you, but I think we both know the list would take too long." *Despite the situation, he couldn't help the smirk on his face (which seemed to be a fairly permanent fixture since meeting this Tricks).* "I don't suppose you have any auxiliary engines we could use to land?" *Ooh, auxiliary engines. That's a really good idea. Why didn't I... oh. Right. I did.*

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:38 pm

Sliding into the pilot's chair, I began to buckle the harness as I turned to look at Calanon. "You may want to strap yourself in..." I was clearly a woman on a mission with a one track mind right now and he was just here along for the ride. "Yeah, the Sector Rangers are the law....and I don't like laws."

Grumbling, I ran my hands over the control panels on the dash. My effort was in vain. Nothing was working, so I decided to engage the manual thrusters. "Darlin' I spent 20 years in the prison on Belsavis....and escaped.." Flashing a smile at him, that was all I said and it was all that needed to be said.

The worst of the worst went to Belsavis and none ever saw the light of day again. I was lucky. The Organization came for me and conscripted me into their special ops force. At that point all my previous crimes had been pardoned and my record was sealed. It appeared as if someone decided to reopen it though. Flicking a couple switches above my head, the ship lurched once more as I grabbed the controls.
"No auxiliary engines. That system is fried too. So is the submersible propulsion system. I'm going to have to use the manual thrusters to drop us into Nar Shadda's gravity well....you're in for a rough ride.." I said, smirking.

Firing off the maneuvering jets on the bow of the ship and then quickly the aft, I was able to tip our nose just enough to allow us to pass beneath the blockade. A quick burst to starboard sent us in a roll away from the Sector Rangers' patrol craft and into the upper atmosphere of the planet. So began our crash landing...

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:48 pm

"Hold on... it took you twenty years to escape?" *The disbelief in his voice shone through like a floodlight as he strapped himself into the co-pilot's chair.* *Wait... why is that so unbelievable? It's not like I've ever had any experience escaping prisons. Have I? Then again, maybe I have. Maybe I'm just as bad as, or maybe even worse than, Tricks over there. How would I know?* "Seriously though, twenty years?"
Previous

Return to Nar Shaddaa's Orbit