Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

OOC RP Planning and Dispute Resolution

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/PURPLE.png[/img]

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:28 am

Re: OOC RP Planning and Dispute Resolution

[quote="Vito Royan":2dineovg]Is this planet uncontrolled? 24 hour warning.[/quote:2dineovg]

Please hold while an ongoing discussion regarding a request to have this planet archived continues. Should nothing come to pass in 1 week (7 days), then I - with a heavy heart - must allow players the chance to ruin what was my legacy here. (don't take it personally, I'm just a little grumpy)

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:25 am

You could always hire us to keep the place deserted and preserved, oh wise and glowy Sith'ari...

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:22 am

Hey Grizz, Draggy here.

Between my accounts I have more posts on Tynna than any player currently on or off the site, so if anyone if going to understand the sentimentality behind your request, it's me. I remember 1.0, I remember the change to 1.5 that required a lot of adjustment of Tynna's frequenters, I remember the good times with Ton, Cap, Ricky, Erad, Sig, Krypts, Diva, Kom'rk, and others. I remember the struggle to get the OH threads and GPC group created. I remember getting gold and the platinum run, the good times that ensued and the times where I lost my mind. Tynna meant something to me, I guess it still does even after moving on. And when I and some of the others did move on, you continued the good times in your RPs with Reign, Leto, Lamia, the Sithies, etc...

So the reason for this request, I think I get more than most. But even with me, the others, and now you moving on, I think it would be sad to see a place and species we had come to love no longer be represented on this site. It wouldn't be a travesty, but it would be sad. That Tynna couldn't be revisited at some point, I don't know, it just doesn't feel right. I think I personally would be happier to see it pass between a few numbskulls or get partially abused rather than to see it get locked up for good. You never know, somebody else might make a decent go of it. I think at the very least they should have the opportunity.

That players like Leto and Kaine are ready and willing to fight for you speaks to the impact you've had here. Planet or not, it is pretty obvious that your legacy is assured. It will live on in the players that will remember you and that called you friend. You will not be forgotten, and RP on this site doesn't get deleted so it will always be there (for the duration of the site, the length is not up to me) to look back on if you or anyone else feels the desire to do so. Lord knows I still take a peek every now and then. So letting the next person in line make use of it will in no way besmirch you or the legacy you leave behind. The players that remember you will do that on their own ;-) Just joking, big guy.

However, one thing to note is that this request is bigger than just Tynna. If the Whills archive Tynna for you, then they are going to have to archive them for the other players that have had a significant impact on a planet, some with equal tenure dating back to 1.0. Beyond a brief bit of quality nazism pursued by moi, denying people the right to RP here is never been what Tynna has been about. The spirit of the planet I remember was inclusive, letting people RP out all sorts of crazy Sithspit. This account I'm using right now used to be Vampirius, who started off being able to mist through walls and transform into a bat. I won't even get into Diva, and you know the awesome wicked stuff you've done as well.

I say let people use it. If anything the legacy of the planet, which is bigger than any of us, deserves it.

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/PURPLE.png[/img]

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:27 pm

As much as I would love to see the planet saved myself I would hate it more if it went to waste. As Dan put it our stories will always be there and maybe one day we will all be back but for now, and it pains me to say it, let it move on. As Chingachgook said in Last of the Mohicans.

The frontier place is for people like my white son and his woman and their children.
And one day there will be no more frontier.
And men like you will go too, like the Mohicans.
And new people will come, work, struggle.
Some will make their life...
But once, we were here.
Previous

Return to Tynna