Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Kyrimorut

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Kyrimorut

Walking together, Mai took in the surroundings more. The weak sunlight was bringing out the flowers after the day before's rainstorm. Colours punctuated the varying shades of green, and sweet scents filled the air. There seemed to be a sense of peace in the forest at that moment, and Mai glanced to Ander, seeing him in quiet thought. It seemed as though a weight had lifted from him, making him look much younger again. With a smile she looked back at the forest around them

Don't think too hard, you'll start smoking that brain of yours...

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:15 pm

Ander squeezed her hand, shaking her arm gently. "Don't get smart," he chuckled, continuing to look around. "It's just interesting how much working through these can broaden your focus. It feels├óÔé¼┬ªnew."
He shook his head. "I'm certain I'm still crazy. Maybe I always will be."
Ander wasn't one to easily let go of memories of painful events. The horrors of the Yuuzhan Vong War continued to rage throughout his nightmares now and then, and the many other conflicts he'd survived were ever present in his mind. He thought it unfair that his good memories were the first casualty, eaten up and replaced by his terrors.
They were like viruses, replicating within his mind, darkening his heart with every passing year. It was a cancer he couldn't cut out.

He'd been threatened and retreated like a hermit crab when Ksandra tried to touch his life with her love. He'd survived that battlefield long enough to propose marriage to her, but even if his absence at their wedding had been the blame of a bounty hunter, Ander had learned later on that he would have disappeared on her eventually. It was kill or be killed, and Ander's instinct was to react first. Leave before being left, probably a behavior he developed after spending his life believing his father had run out on him and his mother.
Hurt them, before they hurt you, and they can't hurt you at all.
He'd learned to deal with misery, maybe it was time to learn to deal with happiness.

Ander wasn't sure. He'd spent most of his years on Yavin 4 ignoring his colleges, brushing off greater concerns, and galavanting about doing as he pleased. It wasn't to cause harm to others, it was to avoid being harmed himself.
He was shocked, in that moment, with Mai still holding his hand, that a grown man, a Jedi of over twenty years, could still have the emotional stability of a child.

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:48 pm

Mai smirked "you are most definately still crazy" For that she received a playful shove from Ander, causing her to fall into fits of giggles

"didn't I tell you not to bottle everything in? Everything is always better when you talk about it. Bad situations seem better, and great situations become greater."

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:23 am

Ander chuckled lightly. "I'll take crazy over dead any day." He listened to her words, wrinkling his nose, unsure of whether or not to voice his disagreement. "That belief relies on perception, which doesn't really change anything at the end of the day. If we rely too much on our perception of the world, then we're just lying to ourselves."

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:58 am

Mai shrugged, neither completely agreeing or disagreeing. It was a fair point

True, but you still shouldn't bottle stuff in...

After a moment of natural silence between them, Mai stopped and bent down over a flower growing in the forest floor. Its sweet fragrence rose from the plant, and she couldn't help but breath in its scent.

Looking up at Ander, she signalled to the flower

Isn't this the Vormur flower?

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:41 am

Ander shrugged, "Maybe I just need a little therapy." He mused, smiling down at Mai as she bent over to observe a flower growing in the ground ahead of them.
She asked him to confirm the type of flower it was, but Ander didn't know.

"You have to remember, as long as my father may have lived as a Mandalorian, on this world, I never spent a day here before today. I studied as much of the language as I could in the last year, but it will be a long time before I can actually call myself Mando'ad."
Ander knelt beside Mai, one hand on his knee. "It smells good though, but I wouldn't recommend eating it." He winked at her.

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:44 am

With a grin, Mai leant her head forward, and pretended to bite towards the flower, gnashing her teeth together a few times.

It is beautiful though, Its scent has sometimes been used in medicine, to help patients relax after traumatic accidents....

Mai looked at the flower thoughtfully, tracing a finger around its delicate petals.

What kind of therapy did you have in mind? she asked dreamily, transfixed by the flower, and lost in its scent.

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:09 am

Ander smirked, "Aromatherapy, maybe." He flashed a smile, then stood, holding out his hand for Mai to grab. The day was nice, but his clothes were stiff and covered in dirt, from the climb, and from sitting out all night. The homestead hadn't been too clean either. He knew Mai couldn't be fairing too well. Ander thought of the climb back up. It would be longer, but easier and less dangerous with the weather.

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:35 am

Mai pulled her eyes away from the flower.

What?! She asked, not fully hearing Ander, but she caught his smirk, and realised. She shook her head laughing slightly

Yeah, maybe take a few of these... She took Ander's hand, pulling herself up. She caught him looking at the cliff face.

So whats the plan? Climb back up?

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:55 am

Ander pursed his lips, then nodded. "Thankfully I've got a quicker way up than I did down." He pulled out the grippers, with one hand, walking Mai over to the cliff face. Letting go of Mai's hand, he slapped the grippers back onto the wire, then reached back into his belt and attached an electronic spreader between them. The spreader would operate the grippers at a faster speed than Ander could, and without tiring either. The charge on the battery was good for a roughly one thousand meter climb.
Ander pulled the spreader down to his utility belt, then clipped the set together with three metal locks. He slung his rifle across his belt, ensured the rest of his equipment was ready, then looked at Mai with a gentle smile, again, holding his hand out.
"Ya ready?" He asked her, eager to return to their ship, he needed a proper sanisteam after all the horrible weather.

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:04 pm

Mai watched with interest as Ander deftly put together the wire and grippers. With his hand outstretched, she took it, looking slightly nervous. She wrapped her arm around Ander's shoulder.

Ok, I'm ready.... I think! She chuckled nervously, but there was a hint of excitement too.

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:41 pm

Ander grinned, then wrapped both arms firmly around her waist, and set off the spreader. It yanked them off the ground sharply, then they began ascending at a decent pace. Everyone now and then Ander had to push off the rock wall face with his boots, but the climb was uneventful and rather short, not even fifteen minutes.
Ander slowed the spreader as they reached the top, wrapping the wire with the grippers himself and stabilizing them. He helped Mai over the edge, then jumped up himself and removed the gear before collecting the wire, also using the spreader.

"Not bad, eh?" He asked her lightly. "I trained in mountain combat with the New Republic military before leaving for the Praxeum to study with Luke."

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:05 pm

Mai nodded

Ahhh, that explains it all then! She pulled out a hand and helped Ander over the top and watched him sort his equipment.

That explains the rappelling and the climbing then!

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Ander smiled, "I like being prepared." He packed the gear away in the speeder bike's utility compartments, then saddled himself down on the front seat. "How about we go grab a good meal and a shower? Maybe some laundry├óÔé¼┬ªand a good bed. All the nice things you missed out on because of me." He chuckled.

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Mai climbed up onto the speeder behind Ander, wrapping her hands around his waist again.

Missed out? Yes... regretted? Never! She pulled on the Commpiece, and settled down for the journey back.

Sometimes missing out on the nice things makes you appreciate them more Her voice came distorted through Ander's helmet, and behind him, her kind smile spread across her face.

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:48 pm

"Well good├óÔé¼┬ªI don't regret a moment of it. I can understand missing things you love├óÔé¼┬ªor need, especially." With a inward smile, Ander waited for Mai to settle behind him, then kicked the speeder bike alive and angled them back towards Keldabe. They rode for what seemed like hours, and in fact was, though with good wind and weather, they made much better time.

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:17 pm

Mai enjoyed the journey much more than before. The warm wind whipped her hair behind her, and she leant her head back to allow the sun on her face. They travelled on through changing landscape, allowing Mai to observe various wildlife from the planet.
Previous

Return to Kyrimorut