Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

OOC RP Planning and Dispute Resolution

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: IC disputes Settled OOC

and we're attacking

I don't repeat, least of all your poetic slander

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:29 pm

[quote="Wanderer":2unm96a7]and we're attacking

I don't repeat, least of all your poetic slander[/quote:2unm96a7]

Aw, you think I'm poetic. How sweet. Maybe you should pay more attention, I have been waiting a week for you guys to land do some real fighting. But take your time.

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:31 pm

then tell your buddies to actually post because I would love nothing better than to land and open your eyes that i'm not talking about you but your buddies rather

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:37 pm

My buddies are busy, I don't know Agen or Sirli's schedules, but Raven had a family emergency in real life. I don't want to say what it is because it is personal, but be a little more considerate. We all have things to do, some are more important than roleplaying at the moment. And that was not meant as an insult.

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:40 pm

I didn't take it as one, but when i'm told that people are getting on and not posting when they should and i'm still in a place where i don't want to be for an extended period of time that i shouldn't be tied up tyhen I take persional offense, and if anyone HAS truly done that then shame on them

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:48 pm

Sorry for cursing at you.

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:49 pm

...........yah, sorry for my sardonic humor

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:22 pm

[quote="Wanderer":1epuji8y]just incase anyone wanted to ignore or pretend they didn't see my post on Roon's IC Disputes settled OOC here it is, now I know you'll all see it

[quote="Wanderer":1epuji8y]maybe i'm sounding a bit jerky but oh well, if anyone on either side is on then they need to participate in this battle and not shrug it off, i'm tired of sitting above planet because I have things i have to do

someone brought this up to me and i'd like to address that winning or losing we all have obligations to either finish this off or get lost, you can't be losing and just waiti it out for reinforcements and you can't just shrug things off because you're winning

I suggest we put a cap on this battle time-wise, whoever has the upper hand at the end of that time period is the winner and names the terms ending the battle

oh and if anyone doesn't like my comments or insinuations then bring it up with me and not talk behind my back because i'm just trying to cater to both sides[/quote:1epuji8y]

think about what I said and have a nice day[/quote:1epuji8y]

Wanderer i understand your problem and i was actually thinking the same thing, but here is the problem, i get to be on about an hour a day because my uncle is in the hospital and i am stuck atmy sisters house watching the kids.. Cygnus just heard that his nephew was wounded in Afganistan and has family matters of his own.. I assure u that this is no ploy to try and get u to leave or whatever u may be thinking, i have been trying to kep up as much as i can but i cant keep up with 10 post's of attacks on me a day..

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:43 am

Lets try and keep things nice and civil people ;)

Affiliation:

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:34 am

ok, i am terribly confused. What is conflagaration? I say this out of confusion and curisosity. I don't remember seeing this before.

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:49 am

ooc - Conflaguration is another term for an aspect of power of Sith Magic, which Cugnus is a Master of. Conflaguration is also known as Sun Nova. Exar Kun used this power. But As I stated, I am not directing this at a Sun nor will it be of that nature. Tarkin Manor is a Sith Temple built to the ancient designs, it has been rp'ed this way. It's purpose is for this to channel and expel pure Darkside Energy and this is what has happend. Cygnus is A Sith Sorceror. You wanted Evil acts, you will have evil acts. I am allowing all those close to me to leave Roon. It will be just me on the surface. Cygnus, as you can see on his profile, has a good array of force powers at his command, he has no physical form, he is pure Darkside energy himself, he is warped, insane, twisted and he thinks he is a God. He can posess minds, he can drain life, he can the force, he does not need oxygen, nor food or water. He enjoys killing, torturing for the simple amusement, because the act of amusement is emotion, and emotion feeds the Darkside.
I invite you to enter the temple, There will be a Golden Globe in the Grand Moff's Chambers that Cygnus constructed, all you have to do is try to coral or shepheard me into that and then seal off the manor.

Affiliation:

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:54 am

i see. can conflaguration be used on mechanical devices, or is it limited to nature related items?

and what is the golden globe thing?

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:33 am

[quote="Lord Cygnus":d3kqj3ik]ooc - Conflaguration is another term for an aspect of power of Sith Magic, which Cugnus is a Master of. Conflaguration is also known as Sun Nova. Exar Kun used this power. But As I stated, I am not directing this at a Sun nor will it be of that nature. Tarkin Manor is a Sith Temple built to the ancient designs, it has been rp'ed this way. It's purpose is for this to channel and expel pure Darkside Energy and this is what has happend. Cygnus is A Sith Sorceror. You wanted Evil acts, you will have evil acts. I am allowing all those close to me to leave Roon. It will be just me on the surface. Cygnus, as you can see on his profile, has a good array of force powers at his command, he has no physical form, he is pure Darkside energy himself, he is warped, insane, twisted and he thinks he is a God. He can posess minds, he can drain life, he can the force, he does not need oxygen, nor food or water. He enjoys killing, torturing for the simple amusement, because the act of amusement is emotion, and emotion feeds the Darkside.
I invite you to enter the temple, There will be a Golden Globe in the Grand Moff's Chambers that Cygnus constructed, all you have to do is try to coral or shepheard me into that and then seal off the manor.[/quote:d3kqj3ik]

I would like an article detailing it if you wouldn't mind and, if I may, have a GRPC Councilor and Whill give the OK because this power to me seems dangerously close to not being allowed

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/PURPLE.png[/img]

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:01 pm

[quote="Lord Cygnus":2zb0f5nv]ooc - Conflaguration is another term for an aspect of power of Sith Magic, which Cugnus is a Master of. Conflaguration is also known as Sun Nova. Exar Kun used this power. But As I stated, I am not directing this at a Sun nor will it be of that nature. Tarkin Manor is a Sith Temple built to the ancient designs, it has been rp'ed this way. It's purpose is for this to channel and expel pure Darkside Energy and this is what has happend. Cygnus is A Sith Sorceror. You wanted Evil acts, you will have evil acts. I am allowing all those close to me to leave Roon. It will be just me on the surface. Cygnus, as you can see on his profile, has a good array of force powers at his command, he has no physical form, he is pure Darkside energy himself, he is warped, insane, twisted and he thinks he is a God. He can posess minds, he can drain life, he can the force, he does not need oxygen, nor food or water. He enjoys killing, torturing for the simple amusement, because the act of amusement is emotion, and emotion feeds the Darkside.
I invite you to enter the temple, There will be a Golden Globe in the Grand Moff's Chambers that Cygnus constructed, all you have to do is try to coral or shepheard me into that and then seal off the manor.[/quote:2zb0f5nv]

As this was brought to my attention, I'd like to take a moment to address this. Using a power of this magnitude is quite impossible for a single character, regardless of the fact that he's using a Force Nexus(Sith Temple) to magnify his power.

Now I assume when I read this...

[quote="Lord Cygnus":2zb0f5nv][narration:2zb0f5nv][color=#00FF40:2zb0f5nv]A torrent of purple/blue Darkside energy flowed out from Roon's surface, the source being Tarkin Manor and enveloped The Mandalorian and Dark Knight ships. The promised Conflaguration drained and shut down shields and life support and cut off energy to the engines. Other ships suffered different forms of damage from loss of artificial gravity and complete core ejections, to targetting systems and computers overide, convinced that their own ships were then enemy. [/color:2zb0f5nv][/narration:2zb0f5nv][/quote:2zb0f5nv]

....you are explaining what the ability should do, not what it is doing.

Unless this is agreed upon by all parties involved, the use of the Force in this manner is not acceptable. Even if there was a canon instance where this was performed at this magnitude, which I find unlikely, it would still be too powerful an ability for any one person.

I can't find any relevant information on this "Conflaguration" ability, and am of the opinion that it doesn't exist. This would be like claiming to create a Force Wormhole that sucked up an enemy ship, which also isn't allowed by the way. So if everyone is alright with it, please proceed. If not then it can't be used as it is technically Godmodding.

Affiliation:

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:20 pm

ooc - I refer you to wookiepedia. Look at Sith Magic. You will find how the Cron Drift was formed from this process and if you know your history of Star Wars, you will know that it was in the process of performing this rite that had not a fleet of Jedi performed Wall of Light upon him from orbit, Exar Kun would not have been bonded to his Temple.

As for God Modding, I refer to a post in orbit much earlier regarding Wanderer when my SSD the Genocide targeted his ship and with heavy IOn cannons fired a rolling barrage on the ship's known design flaw - the shield generators themselves, this can also be found on Wookiepedia. I am not one to quibble about such things, but if one must, then one must. Please not that in my broadcast relating to said Conflaguration, I did not once mention nor imply that their ships would become nova's, did I? The results also showed that? I would suggest that my rp was toned down. For some reason, they have not yet decided to mount a ground invasion, though they have ample opportunity to do so.

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:30 pm

I've read the Wookieepedia article, and still I don't see where is specifically states you'd be able to drain energy from a ships shields, life support systems, or cut it off from the engines. Ion Cannons would certainly short things out, but the Force wouldn't. In your post, you make it seem pretty clear that it is the Dark Side performing this. Assuming there is a Force ability that would be able to do something similar, it wouldn't have such a wide and all encompassing effect. You might be able to drain some energy from a ship, but it likely wouldn't be noticeable considering the energy output of most ships.

Affiliation:

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:05 pm

ooc - No Dragus, obviously, becuase if I went and rp'ed that those enemy fleets went nova, then I could understand why there would be cliam of God Modding, instead I did an alternative and toned it down. These are things that can be repaired on those ships, my aim and as you will be able to read on an earlier post on this dispute, is to lay down a challenge as well. The reason for this attack on Roon is due to alleged wevil acts that I have committed upon them, I have not done so untill now, I want them to land on Roon so that I can fight them and perform Evil acts. They will not do so. So Councillor, why are they here? Is it to moan and make allegations. I micro-jumped a Fleet to within 500 meters of an oponants fleet, my fleet included an Executor Class SSD and had it self destruct, the oponant reported minimal damage! Is that fair?

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:13 pm

If you have concerns about these ships and damages sustained from them, you have every right to address them. That said, it would make it easier if you showed me the posts you are referring to, and what it is that you see wrong with them.

In regards to the use of the power, even if you toned down the ability, it still wouldn't be allowed. Super Nova is a fully restricted power, and even though you didn't use it as it was used in canon, what you did still is illegal for the purpose of gameplay.

This...

[quote="Lord Cygnus":1sqnv7ij][narration:1sqnv7ij][color=#00FF40:1sqnv7ij]A torrent of purple/blue Darkside energy flowed out from Roon's surface, the source being Tarkin Manor and enveloped The Mandalorian and Dark Knight ships. The promised Conflaguration drained and shut down shields and life support and cut off energy to the engines. Other ships suffered different forms of damage from loss of artificial gravity and complete core ejections, to targetting systems and computers overide, convinced that their own ships were then enemy. [/color:1sqnv7ij][/narration:1sqnv7ij][/quote:1sqnv7ij]

...is an illegal use of the Force no matter how you slice it.

Affiliation:

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:19 pm

ooc - fair enough. One is damned if one stuck to a cannon power one is damned if one toned it down; thus spake Zarathustra. Regarding the Micro-jump all you have to do is look in the orbital battle. My whole purpose of this is for Cygnus to get into stasis for a while - I need time off regarding my nephew who has been injured in Afghanistan. The sooner this whole thing is cleared up, the quicker I can get some clarity before I can resume things.

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:33 pm

It probably would have been easier if you just showed me the posts you had issue with, especially considering there is over ten pages of posting involving this battle. I assume you are referring to this though.

[quote="Lord Cygnus":39ojgt46][narration:39ojgt46][color=#40FF80:39ojgt46]From all the damage - hull breeches, engines, wepaons relays etc - shields to the genocide were down to 15%. Plasma was venting. The Paelleons were listing and the 2 SD's were gathering arround the Genocide to form a box formation.[/color:39ojgt46][/narration:39ojgt46]

[NPC][color=#4040FF:39ojgt46]Admiral Nills - put into effect icro jump delta.[/color:39ojgt46][/NPC]

[color=#80FFBF:39ojgt46]Dek Officer - Yes Sir.[/color:39ojgt46]

[narration:39ojgt46]The squadron of the genocide and the SD's micro jump to 500 meters of the Moonbeam Fleet port side and three ships exploded causing significant damages and disrupting the Jamming of communications.[/narration:39ojgt46][/quote:39ojgt46]

[quote="Dyvius":39ojgt46][narration:39ojgt46]The shields of the four ships runnign port flank were down to 10% just because of some starfighters running straight at them at point blank range. The Dragons that were damaged also lost some hull strength to debris that got in while the shields were trying to collect all of the damage. They began to separate farther from Kard's fleet and began to fire upon anything still alive and running that belonged to Cygnus. The distance they were hoping for was roughly 2000 meters of separation.

1 Sabaoth Destroyer: Shields 95%%
3 Ardent-class Frigates: Shields 95%
10 Hapan Battle Dragons: Shields 100%
4 Hapan battle Dragons: Shields 10% Hull: Moderate Breaches[/narration:39ojgt46][/quote:39ojgt46]

You have issue with the amount of damage taken by the ship, correct?
PreviousNext

Return to Roon