Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

G.E.C. Conflict - Chandril Tech

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:08 pm

G.E.C. Conflict - Chandril Tech

Okay, so I've just been explained, in a VERY Unclear fashion that the Chandril Tech I've RP'ed for the past year can no longer claim any of the RP I've done on the companies behalf. I'll explain.

Chandrilla didn't exist when I started on this board, and neither did Chandril Tech. Part of my backstory I began acquisition of Chandril Tech a canon company that devoloped minor electronics, mainly handheld sensor devices. Thru the months I devoloped the company into something more then the original design. I took an interest in the medical factions on the site, and thru RP merged the company with Selesin Medical Technologies, and eventually Vanguaard Industries. The paperwork was all done in the G.E.C, and eventually when the G.E.C. rules changed I had the companies re-organized to suit it, dropping Selesin, finding a partner for Vangaard, switching to Casual, trying to RP back up to hardocre, ect. Chandrilla even was added to the boards so I rushed to put the canon company back on it's canon planet thru RP. The rules changed again, and this one you have to be the dominant faction on the controlling planet to control the company: fine I'm one of the only (if not the only) people on Chandrilla, despite attempts to change it, so I'm claiming the company to keep it's business going.

But here's where it goes wrong and here is where I am really confused, and VERY frustrated, so please someone help me out here.

jedivsith.com/viewtopic.php?f=2418&t=32259

I'm told that I cannot keep the expanded portions of my company. I'm told that I cannot RP any of the acquisitions or products or anything else that I've built up, because and I quote "what it is and what it sells, that's what you get." Now at first I was like "Oh they're still hung up about the Selesin portion, let me clarify that". So I did. And then it's like "Okay... now their hung up on the varied buisness type: well it's a multitude not just one". And then it was explained, partially in Chat, "no honey this is what we really mean."

Canon Companies = Canon
Any deviation from Canon is not allowed
Any change in Canon is prohibited
Any RP adding on to Canon is NOT Canon
Canon Companies + Not Canon = NOT allowed
Their is no comprimise, their is no flexability, no shade of gray

After a while of circular logic I was then told "You get a canon business because you want the products it produces. You don't get it to expand and evolve it. If you want to do that, create a non-canon business"

Yet that in it self makes NO sense it itself. Sure I agree in a sense "I want Rachel's General Store" create it so sell "Rachel's Generic Gun #1", which then turns in "Rachel's Generic Weaponry". Fine. But if you can't evolve the company what's the point? What's the point of RP'ing any of the companies, even one as small as Chandril Tech? I was just recently working on a possible project with CEC, subcontracting electronics for their ships in possible return for engines or hyperdrives for mine. Yet by this logic that's considered expanding is it not? CEC engines in future ChandrilTech designs? And even if I applied Chandril Tech as a non-canon company then it would get rejected on the principle that it IS a canon company, which means we're back to square one.

It was also compared this to canon locations, how they can't change, you can't destroy planets, ect. Someone stated that they can't add locations as well, yet again this is not true: all the time people add locations, buildings comapnies to canon places. Add that the the factions that spring up which are not canon, and even the planets that we're recently created. I've previously RP'ed Chandril Tech on two other planets becuase Chandrilla didn't exist. There are companies out there, that are canon, that are RP'ing on other planets because theirs do not exist, or they have no canon location: doesn't that fall in the same category. But that's not the case: Chandril Tech is currently located ON Chandrilla, having gone thru the RP process to bring it there from it's previous non-canon location.

But honestly the biggest question raised from all of this is the following I was told "it's set in canon." If that's the case, then it creates a paradox that someone somewhere might say tear a hole in the space time continium. If these companies, and by extension planets, and the like are completly set in canon, then what's the point of RP'ing at all? Shouldn't their be flexability? If not why not just start quouting every book and movie line for line charachter for character: that's canon no?

Now I don't want anythign crazy: Cahndrilla will never have a full flegded manufacturing complex, because Chandrilla itself is a world rich in natural resources: any Chandrillian that proposed leveling the forests, draining the lakes, and strip mining would be stoned or flayed alive. Cahndril Tech will never rise to be a huge shipyard like Kuat or Fondor, or even anything resembling a minor shipbuilding facility. I know that. What I'm asking for is the right to RP the company the way I've RP'ed it, the way it's evolved over the past year, not to be stuck as some stuffy minor electronics maker.

I have no clue honestly, and this just completly set me off: it makes no sense in the slightest manner at all. Please someone explain this, clarify it, show me a ruling something, anything that takes THIS and makes it seem right.

Affiliation:

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:08 pm

Re: G.E.C. Conflict - Chandril Tech

I also appologize for the spelling errors.

Guild Councilor
Guild Councilor

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/PURPLE.png[/img]

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:04 pm

First off, you've claimed to own three Canon businesses when we've restricted the amount players can own down to two. A violation to our rulings, yet however until now that's been overlooked. Consider yourself lucky the pitbull was off duty at the time.

To me, these changes make perfect sense, the unwillingness to adapt however on your part makes none. Rules change all the time, sometimes for the better, and sometimes not yet eventually we all make do and suck it up like adults. Reverting CANON businesses to CANON origins was one of ours, if you wanted to expand them beyond their canon boundaries you are more than welcome to branch off the canon company with a non canon one under a different name. However we aimed to make businesses more aligned with those in canon, you have a business that makes toys... yet instead you want to make tanks? Take over the place that makes tanks. Simple as that.

Everyone, as well as you "Suffers" these changes.

Businesses are not meant to be the be all, end all of construction. Each and every single one of them (Including canon) are tailored to specific needs. Tanks are created by factories, while ships are made by shipwrights. The difference between both is the space that they would share and the technology put into their construction. Chandril Tech via canon terms is a technology based company, I highly doubt they would be able to produce something as complex as a starship on their own or even with help via a non canon company.

Not every business can do everything, not in real life nor here on JvS. We, the Galactic RolePlay and Economic Council are trying to emulate it as best as we can and I'm sorry that yours is the first to be picked out of the eventual line up of businesses coming to our doorstep.

I don't understand what's so hard about that to comprehend about that.

Affiliation:

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:16 am

I do NOT own three canon companies: liek I said I went over this the first time the changes came around: I dropped Selesin Medical Electronics from my controlled companies, an then I took on a busisness partner for Vangaard Industries.

I am very willing to adapt, just like anybody else: what I don't see is how this makes any sense on a galactic role play or economic sense.

"I highly doubt they would be able to produce something as complex as a starship on their own or even with help via a non canon company."

RIght... which is why we've expanded the company thru RP to be able to do that....

High Councilor, Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/ORANGE.png[/img]

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:14 am

Galactic Battle Arena Judge

Affiliation:

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:53 am

That rule either requires revision or requires you fine folks to comb through the list of canon companies to start enforcing it.

That's like saying you can't build on to a planet because you would alter it's canon state in doing so. What kind of kriff up troll logic is that?

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/RED.png[/img]

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:42 am

[quote="Old Man Eralam":24d7shbf] There's a lot of hard work being pored into making it right, and your natural grumpiness doesn't give you the right to malign that effort.[/quote:24d7shbf]

Again I post this.

I am tired of arguing with people over this GRPEC thing like it's some catastrophic change but at the same time I am getting just as tired reading the haters on this site who piss and moan about everything that might change on here.

Affiliation:

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:48 am

Look not in as harsh as terms but I still agree with Eralam: it's circular logic in itself.

"Neutral at first apperances", and then "you cannot deny dealing with customers" and then "Asked to stat true to canon". All contradict themselves, but that's not the problem I have: ChandriTech is now on Chandrilla and I'm happy, because I have a homeworld. I'm perfectly fine with it being under my "stewardship", not owning it anymore, and I guess not exploting them any longer (?). But again I don't get at all in the slightest bit why any of the RP I did gets to be voided just like that.

NOT only that, but now you're telling me to basically register for your own brand new non-canon company... well one that isn't a shipyard "because we have to many of those" (but none at Chandrilla for good Canon reasons!)

I guess I just don't get how you can do this to the Role-Players: that's probably about a full half of my posts down the drain... useless. I didn't even realize until afterwards but that also means the Galactic Marketplace on Dressel is now considered illegal in those terms: is that not right? Because canonically no company had an office on Dressel in a big marketplace: I'm sure all those will have to go too.

I'm sorry Eversio that I chose to speak out and ask why this is being done: I'm sorry for the First Amendment Rights I have as an American Citizen for the freedom of speech. I'm sorry I have soul, a living breathing human soul, and don't take things on simply blind faith and obediance. I'm sorry I'm distrubing you for a logical answer to a problem that makes no sense to me. I'm sorry I can't see the "bigger picture" and am asking for clarification.

Retired Master Moderator
Retired Master Moderator

Affiliation:

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:51 am

Friends,

If I may interject. The GRPEC is a brand new Council and as such it will have some imperfections and kinks to iron out and together, as a community, we will solve these problems. You bring forward a concern and we will do our best to think it through from all sides and come to a conclusion that will be beneficial to the most amount of users as possible.

Eralam, though you are lacking tact you make a point and I will be sure that it is both brought before the Council of the Whills and discussed. There is no need for bad blood amongst each other (Eversio) or towards any entity on this site (Eralam). We are all in this together and we will work it out. Be kind to each other :)

- Z

Affiliation:

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:52 am

[quote="Whill Zauriel":15uik6x4][i:15uik6x4][color=#FFFF00:15uik6x4]
Eralam, though you are lacking tact[/color:15uik6x4][/i:15uik6x4][/quote:15uik6x4]

Admit it, you'd be more worried if I were being nice.
Last edited by Old Man Eralam on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Retired Master Moderator
Retired Master Moderator

Affiliation:

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:53 am

[quote="Old Man Eralam":pwnq361q][quote="Whill Zauriel":pwnq361q][i:pwnq361q][color=#FFFF00:pwnq361q]
Eralam, though you are lacking tact[/color:pwnq361q][/i:pwnq361q][/quote:pwnq361q]

Admit it, you'd be more frightened if I were being nice.[/quote:pwnq361q]

[color=#FFFF00:pwnq361q][i:pwnq361q]<.<
>.>
>.< the most frightened of them all![/i:pwnq361q][/color:pwnq361q]

Affiliation:

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:57 am

Damn, you posted before I could make my correction. I changed "frightened" to "worried" because IT WOULD BE MORE TACTFUL!!!!!!! *Insert maniacal laughter here.*

Retired Master Moderator
Retired Master Moderator

Affiliation:

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:58 am

Us new Whills are quick on the draw. I am sure you know how that goes ;) hehehe

Affiliation:

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:00 am

Always so quick to blow your loads.

Don't worry, you'll pick up some laziness through osmosis.

Affiliation:

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:03 am

Rachel,

I did say you can't deny dealing with customers without sufficient IC proof.

See, here is one example since apparently I have to paint it all out for you to understand and get a crystal clear picture of what we mean by all that.

An affiliated Sith (whoever might that be) comes to REC (which is a neutral company but the planet is under the stewardship of the Republic or the Jedi). The steward of REC has to deal with that Sith and give him that product he wishes to purchase... That is fine.

But here is where it all turns out, the Republic and/or the Jedi get wind of a Sith trying to purchase a product from REC, they send in black ops or whatever to sabotage that ship for the Sith not to get it.

Second case scenario, what if that Sith contacts REC under an alias and by means that cannot be traced that the caller is indeed a Sith. The Republic or the Jedi cannot use OOC information on this as suddenly they know it's the Sith trying to purchase because the username is staring right up their faces. No it doesn't work like that.

The purpose of all of this is to try and expand all RPs involving all the canon businesses and mainly shipyards it seems. Now, who told you that you cannot contact a planet's controller that holds this or that canon business and that person happens to not wanting to oversee a business, did we tell you that you couldn't contact them and manage that business? It doesn't have to be on Chandrilla but as for the time being, you don't get a canon shipyard there and unless there is one that wookiee states is there, then it'll be place there, until then no sorry.

This system might not be perfect and quite honestly I am not going to make it perfect because it's unattainable but I will more or less try and make it fair for everyone and if you can't think outside of the box, then I am sorry I cannot help you there.

Affiliation:

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:10 am

Removing control of canon businesses and declaring that they must remain in their unaltered form has done more to restrict RP since the admins forget to pay the bill that one time. Seriously, wtf? Are we a canon game preserve or something?

We know you├óÔé¼Ôäóre not striving for perfection. The GSTC is striving for perfection, and they├óÔé¼Ôäóve not done anything useful in years. But here├óÔé¼Ôäós the thing: no one is asking for perfection, we're just asking for a little effort. Rendering canon businesses essentially useless might make your job a little bit easier, but it├óÔé¼Ôäós not right. Not by a long shot.

Affiliation:

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:12 am

At the first stages, yes in their unaltered form is what we are asking but if they want expansion that will have to remain on the same criteria as the original business, it can happen.

It is the reason why I have asked for the Trade Center to be created.

Affiliation:

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:19 am

A Trade Center you say? You mean like a market perhaps? Perhaps even a Galactic Market, a place where all businesses are welcome to pedal their wares.

So who├óÔé¼Ôäós to say that Rachel├óÔé¼Ôäós company wasn├óÔé¼Ôäót expanding upon reasonable lines? For that matter, who├óÔé¼Ôäós to say it is? Have you some sort of regulatory commission in place? Perhaps someone to go through canon businesses and make sure their owners-wait, sorry, stewards since ownership got flushed- toe the line. The regulation as it stands now is practically unenforceable, though all things considered, that├óÔé¼Ôäós not necessarily a bad thing.

Affiliation:

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:28 am

No, where deals and contracts are settled and indexed by GRPEC to avoid problems in the future.

The regulation as it stands now, again isn't perfect because this is a new council and in your words we are doing our very best to make it work. We may be in the wrong but that won't mean that I won't assume the fact when we work on those logistics.

But right now, we are simply asking people to bear with us and stop being grumpy. It's not perfect but there are always two sides to everything now, aren't there? The happy folks and the not happy and angry folks.

The trade center is for people wanting to meet and discuss exchanging blueprints or whatever when it is related to business. It's not the same Galactic Market you have on Dressel, we are just that entity that will index the contracts and whatever.

Affiliation:

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:34 am

Sure, until you get tired of doing it and stop like you did the banking.

Tempers would have been a lot cooler had there been some form of collaboration with the outside world. Hell, you could have at least asked what we thought of the new regulations. It didn├óÔé¼Ôäót help that every time someone had a question or complaint the response they got was a grumpy ├óÔé¼┼ôdeal with it.├óÔé¼┬Ø

You fine folks have shot yourselves in the collective foot by pulling this out of nowhere. Trust is probably lower than it├óÔé¼Ôäós ever been, and eventually it├óÔé¼Ôäós going to run out altogether.
Next

Return to Archived Topics